Thread: Signal & Slot editor

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Signal & Slot editor

Hello,
    another question on QtDesigner. In the old (3) version the designer was aware of the "custom slots" implemented by the user and you could use the interface to link the signals from the objects to whatever slot function you had implemented for your receiver window (or widget).
    Now all I am able to do is to link a signal to a standard widget slot. I'm not trying anything fancy, I just want some buttons' clicked() slot to connect to my window's slots which do the actual work..... is there a way to do it?
    I've always assumed that no, and did the connection manually with the the code in the window constructor, but now I have converted some forms from qt3 and they show the custom slots in the signal and slot editor window. So maybe there's a way to have them show up?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Signal & Slot editor

Quote Originally Posted by Ishark View Post
    Hello,
    another question on QtDesigner. In the old (3) version the designer was aware of the "custom slots" implemented by the user and you could use the interface to link the signals from the objects to whatever slot function you had implemented for your receiver window (or widget).
    Now all I am able to do is to link a signal to a standard widget slot. I'm not trying anything fancy, I just want some buttons' clicked() slot to connect to my window's slots which do the actual work..... is there a way to do it?
    I've always assumed that no, and did the connection manually with the the code in the window constructor, but now I have converted some forms from qt3 and they show the custom slots in the signal and slot editor window. So maybe there's a way to have them show up?
    You can link a signal to your defined slot. Just like in old(3) version. When you right-click on your widget choose "Change signals/slots...". There you can add your signals/slots (with + sign). And then link whatever signal you need to your slot.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

I'm not sure I understand where this option is.

I've tried with a frame in a dialog. If I right-click either the dialog or the frame, the pop-up menu doesn't have any "Change signals/slots....".
    Even if I promote it, I still don't have that option.

I'm using Qt designer 4.3.4 Open Source Edition.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Quote Originally Posted by Ishark View Post
    I've tried with a frame in a dialog. If I right-click either the dialog or the frame, the pop-up menu doesn't have any "Change signals/slots....".
    Even if I promote it, I still don't have that option.
    Wow, that is interesting... I'm using Qt4.4.0.. I;ve tried with a frame in a dialog too.. When i right-click on my frame then there is no such option... but right-click on my dialog brings up a menu with "Change signals/slots..." option. Hm... if i find the solution, i'll let you know

Thanks
    Thanked 1,519 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

That's a new feature in Qt 4.4.0:
    * [132874] Added support for user-defined signals and slots of promoted widgets and main container
    J-P Nurmi

6. The following 2 users say thank you to jpn for this useful post:

daebarkee (3rd September 2009), Ishark (29th May 2008)