Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: qtgui4.dll error in visual c++ 2005

Thanks

Default qtgui4.dll error in visual c++ 2005

Hi, I have installed qt to use in visual c++ 2005. when I run the program in debug mode it works nicely; however in the release mode , I have this run time error after safely compiling, except the error number is 1644280 instead:

the necessary directories are set as requested. So, the code must be seeing the qtgui4.dll file in the respective directories[ bin and lib directories in this case.] . could you help me solve this error, any idea?

Thanks .

edit: my qt edition is 4.3.4 and I have checked this similar thread , and it didn't help me: http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-newb...error-530.html
    Last edited by Comptrol; 14th June 2008 at 14:51.

Thanks

Default Re: qtgui4.dll error in visual c++ 2005

I have checked the regarding file with the dependency walker and there appeared such error and warning:

there is a checksum error in qtcore4.dll and an "unresolved import warning" in mpr.dll -as indicated here-
    http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/deploym...n-dependencies

the erroor belonging to mpr.dll is said to be unimportant in the page of dependency walker:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/faq.html

"
    Why am I seeing a lot of applications where MPR.DLL shows up in red under SHLWAPI.DLL because it is missing a function named WNetRestoreConnectionA? I also get a "Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module" message.
    Some versions of SHLWAPI.DLL (like the one on Windows XP) have a delay-load dependency on the function WNetRestoreConnectionA in MPR.DLL. Missing delay-load functions are not a problem as long as the calling DLL is prepared to handle the situation. Dependency Walker flags all potential problems as it cannot detect if an application intends to handle the issue. In the case of SHLWAPI.DLL, this is not an problem as it does not require WNetRestoreConnectionA to exist and handles the missing function at runtime. This warning can be ignored. See the "How to Interpret Warnings and Errors in Dependency Walker" section in help for more details.
    "

So, isn't there anyone help me? :S

thanks again

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

It seems that your Qt libraries are compiled for MinGW and not MSVC. Did you compile them yourself? The ones distributed with the open source binary version of Qt are meant for MinGW.

4. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

Comptrol (14th June 2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wysota View Post
    It seems that your Qt libraries are compiled for MinGW and not MSVC. Did you compile them yourself? The ones distributed with the open source binary version of Qt are meant for MinGW.

Hi Thanks for your answer.

I didn't understand if i compiled myself :S I use nmake to build them. Afterwards, i compile them by pressing f5.
    As for not running in MSVC, if there were some problem in not working in MSVC, shouldn't same error appear in Debug Mode either. I mean this error occurs only in Release Mode. Do you think this is a deliberate measure to prevent using QT in MSVC? and yes this is open source version.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by Comptrol View Post
    I didn't understand if i compiled myself :S I use nmake to build them. Afterwards, i compile them by pressing f5.
    "Them" meaning Qt libraries? What exactly did you do to install Qt? What did you download and what did you do afterwards?

As for not running in MSVC, if there were some problem in not working in MSVC, shouldn't same error appear in Debug Mode either.
    No, that's not true. You might have compiled debug mode libraries yourself using MSVC but the release version of the libs might have been precompiled for MinGW.

Do you think this is a deliberate measure to prevent using QT in MSVC?
    No, that's certainly a problem with your installation.

7. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

Thanks

"Them" meaning Qt libraries? What exactly did you do to install Qt? What did you download and what did you do afterwards?
    Yes I meant libraries. But clearly i had misunderstood your question. I wrote "configure" after extracting the zip files to compile the files.

No, that's not true. You might have compiled debug mode libraries
    yourself using MSVC but the release version of the libs might have been precompiled for MinGW.
    So in any way, can I use open source QT both in debug and release mode in MSVC or should I use Qt Open source only and only in MinGw?

I installed this Qt a few months ago, so I don't remember the steps exactly but I really spent my days to manage installing. I finished Installing by following the steps indicated here

If I am not wrong . I extracted the open source version in a directory. and wrote command line "configure" and "nmake" and something related to Visual Studio's 2005 Command Prompt[ not default command prompt of Windows] to make connection between Visual Studio and Qt libraries.

I really appreciate your efforts for helping thanks a lot.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by Comptrol View Post
    Yes I meant libraries. But clearly i had misunderstood your question. I wrote "configure" after extracting the zip files to compile the files.
    Which archive did you download? You should have downloaded the source archive and not the binary archive (which by the way also contains the sources).

So in any way, can I use open source QT both in debug and release mode in MSVC or should I use Qt Open source only and only in MinGw?
    Yes, of course you can use Qt with MSVC in both release and debug modes. You just need to have them built properly.

10. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

Thanks

Which archive did you download? You should have downloaded the source archive and not the binary archive (which by the way also contains the sources).

Yes I have Installed source archive. And also followed the steps doc directory of extracted files to install in Windows, which could be reached online as well:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/install-win.html

If we pay attention of the first passage of this text , we will see this crucial warning :S

"Qt Open Source Edition is not officially supported for use with any version of Visual Studio. Integration with Visual Studio is available as part of the Qt Commercial Editions."

Do you think this could be the reason of the error i am taking , otherwise, what do you suggest me to; should I install the source code again or Just stop using MSVC and prefer to MinGw?

Ps: Thanks for sparing your time to me.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Why don't you install 4.4 instead of the several months old 4.2?

Thanks

Why don't you install 4.4 instead of the several months old 4.2?
    Hi wysota, I have reinstalled the QT with qt-win-opensource-src-4.4.0.zip. and it works fine this time both in release and debug time . However, while i was uninstalling source code; I uninstalled development tools as well. So, I don't have them currently. as a result, I intend to install them again by this package qt-win-opensource-4.4.0-mingw.exe . yet, during the installation it claims to install source codes as well-which I have already Installed. Hence, will I install this package or something else to use development tools?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

So do you want to use Qt with MinGW or MSVC? I'm a bit confused What development tools are you talking about?

Thanks

So do you want to use Qt with MinGW or MSVC? I'm a bit confused What development tools are you talking about?
    I am using MSVC 2005 but I want to be able to use design tools as well-qt designer, qt assistant, qt linguist . As far as I remember, when I was using previous version, I installed both source code and Mingw seperately for that. I just want to be sure this time by asking you :S I know I am asking a lot

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

All the tools are built from Qt's sources, so if you compiled the sources, the tools are there as well.

Thanks

All the tools are built from Qt's sources, so if you compiled the sources, the tools are there as well.
    Thanks again, I have found the binary files. However, clearly, regretfully, unfortunately... I only have linguist and assistant ; designer isn't here! can i cry for this??

So, what am I supposed to do now? remaking whole source file , which took approximately 15 hours!!!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

I don't know what you exactly did, so it's hard to provide a solution You might cd into tools/ and then call nmake sub-designer but it's a long shot - you must have done something unusual that designer wasn't built, so there is a good chance there is a reason for that

Thanks

I don't know what you exactly did, so it's hard to provide a solution You might cd into tools/ and then call nmake sub-designer but it's a long shot - you must have done something unusual that designer wasn't built, so there is a good chance there is a reason for that
    all i did was to first wrote
    "configure"

and then

"nmake" as it is stated here

Ok, I stop trying to use tools on MSVC, can I use them on MINGW at the same time? so that i will just carry the source code MSVC afterwards? btw, I really appreciate your effort to help me.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Did you pass any options to configure? Did it tell you what are the final features it is going to build into Qt? Did you get any error messages after calling nmake? Please provide details.

Thanks

now i run nmake again and I got this result with error

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.42
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" -f Makefil
    e.Release all

cd pixeltool\ && "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmak
    e.exe" -f Makefile

e.Release

cd porting\ && "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.
    exe" -f Makefile

cd src\ && "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"
    -f Makefile

e.Release

BLA BLA BLA.. THIS CODE GOES ON

ript" -I"..\..\..\..\include" -I"extension" -I"sdk" -I"uilib" -I"shared" -I"..\.
    .\..\shared\deviceskin" -I"..\..\..\..\src\tools\rcc" -I"..\..\..\shared\findwid
    get" -I"..\..\..\shared\qtgradienteditor" -I"e:\qt\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\
    debug_shared" -I"." -I"..\..\..\..\mkspecs\win32-msvc2005" -Fotmp\obj\debug_shar
    ed\ @C:\DOCUME~1\Halliday\LOCALS~1\Temp\nmF30.tmp
    richtexteditor.cpp
    actioneditor.cpp
    orderdialog.cpp
    newactiondialog.cpp
    gridpanel.cpp
    previewconfigurationwidget.cpp
    qtresourceeditordialog.cpp
    Generating Code...
    cl -c -FIlib_pch.h -Yulib_pch.h -Fptmp\obj\debug_shared\QtDesignerd_pch.
    pch -nologo -Zm200 -Zc:wchar_t- -Zi -MDd -GR -EHsc -W3 -w34100 -w34189 -DUNICODE
    -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQDESIGNER_SDK_LIBRARY -DQDESIGNER_EXTENSION_LI
    BRARY -DQDESIGNER_UILIB_LIBRARY -DQDESIGNER_SHARED_LIBRARY -DQT_DESIGNER -DQT_DL
    L -DQT_SCRIPT_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I
    "..\..\..\..\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\..\..\inclu
    de\QtGui" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtXml" -I"..\..\.
    .\..\include\QtXml" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtScript" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtSc
    ript" -I"..\..\..\..\include" -I"extension" -I"sdk" -I"uilib" -I"shared" -I"..\.
    .\..\shared\deviceskin" -I"..\..\..\..\src\tools\rcc" -I"..\..\..\shared\findwid
    get" -I"..\..\..\shared\qtgradienteditor" -I"e:\qt\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\
    debug_shared" -I"." -I"..\..\..\..\mkspecs\win32-msvc2005" -Fotmp\obj\debug_shar
    ed\ @C:\DOCUME~1\Halliday\LOCALS~1\Temp\nmF31.tmp
    moc_qtgradientview.cpp
    moc_qtgradientviewdialog.cpp
    moc_newactiondialog_p.cpp
    Generating Code...
    link /LIBPATH:"e:\qt\lib" /LIBPATH:"e:\qt\lib" /NOLOGO /DEBUG /DLL /MANI
    FEST /MANIFESTFILE:"tmp\obj\debug_shared\QtDesignerd.int ermediate.manifest" /VER
    SION:4.40 /OUT:..\..\..\..\lib\QtDesignerd4.dll @C:\DOCUME~1\Halliday\LOCALS~1\T
    emp\nmF32.tmp
    LINK : ..\..\..\..\lib\QtDesignerd4.dll not found or not built by the last incre
    mental link; performing full link
    Creating library ..\..\..\..\lib\QtDesignerd4.lib and object ..\..\..\..\lib\
    QtDesignerd4.exp
    qrc_findwidget.obj : error LNK2011: precompiled object not linked in; image may
    not run
    ..\..\..\..\lib\QtDesignerd4.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\l
    ink.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\n
    make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    Stop.
    Stop.
    Stop.

E:\qt>
    :s

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Good... now we are getting somewhere. You are missing the libraries for sure. I guess you'll have to recompile at least some of the code... Start by running configure -help, read what options you can pass to configure and rerun configure with those options. At some point you'll get a list of enabled and disabled features. Please paste that list here.

Thanks

Good... now we are getting somewhere. You are missing the libraries for sure. I guess you'll have to recompile at least some of the code... Start by running configure -help, read what options you can pass to configure and rerun configure with those options. At some point you'll get a list of enabled and disabled features. Please paste that list here.
    before running configure -help i copied the missing file,qtdesignerd4.dll, from BIN to LIB since other similar files sizes are equal. however this time i get similar error and that file i copied to BIN got deleted.

here they are:

cd uitools\ && "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.
    exe" -f Makefile

e.Debug all

e.Release all

cd lib\ && "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"
    -f Makefile

e.Debug all

link /LIBPATH:"e:\qt\lib" /LIBPATH:"e:\qt\lib" /NOLOGO /DEBUG /DLL /MANI
    FEST /MANIFESTFILE:"tmp\obj\debug_shared\QtDesignerd.int ermediate.manifest" /VER
    SION:4.40 /OUT:..\..\..\..\lib\QtDesignerd4.dll @C:\DOCUME~1\Halliday\LOCALS~1\T
    emp\nmF38.tmp
    Creating library ..\..\..\..\lib\QtDesignerd4.lib and object ..\..\..\..\lib\
    QtDesignerd4.exp
    qrc_findwidget.obj : error LNK2011: precompiled object not linked in; image may
    not run
    ..\..\..\..\lib\QtDesignerd4.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\l
    ink.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\n
    make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    Stop.
    Stop.
    Stop.
    Stop.

THANKS ONE MORE TIME