Thread: Creating remote updateable software with PYQT - Can it be done???

Default Creating remote updateable software with PYQT - Can it be done???

Hello guys, i wonder if you could just answer a simple question about pyqt.

I'm new to programing with it and i just need to know something. I'm used to web programing with php but im now learning python (with bits of c++) and gui programing.

is it possible to create software with pyqt that can check my sever for software updates, then update its self and incorporate the new updates and functionality into the software?

sorry if this seems stupid question but im experimenting right now with the gpl version of pyqt and qt and im thinking of going commercial so that i can create some proprietery business software which i have an idea for. but for this software to be any good i need to create it so that it my clients can update any bug fixes and new functionality into the application from my server.

Is this just a matter of a programing paradigm or are there python or c++ classes for this or a class in qt for this of even an extra framework to do this.

your input on this will be very grateful

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Creating remote updateable software with PYQT - Can it be done???

I don't know about any ready-made system, but you can create it yourself.

See here:
    http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-qt-p...ure-11246.html