Thread: Phonon examples

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Phonon examples

Hi to all,
    I'm new to phonon and I need to use it cause I'm trying to add a video-streaming (of a webcam) in my Qt-based interface.

First of all, in order to learn something before start to write code, I've tried to compile both the phonon examples (Qt 4.4.0) but I had troubles (I'm using Qt 4.4.0 open source edition with Visual Studio 2008 -MingW compiler-); these are the compilator outputs:

-for the MUSICPLAYER:

c:/Qt/4.4.0/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qlist.h: (.text$_ZN5QListIN6Phonon11MediaSourceEE13node_des tructEPNS2_4NodeES4_[QList<Phonon::MediaSource>::node_destruct(QList<Ph onon::MediaSource>::Node*, QList<Phonon::MediaSource>::Node*)]+0x29): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Phonon11MediaSourceD1Ev'
    debug/mainwindow.o: In function `ZN10MainWindowC2Ev':
    c:/Documents and Settings/.../Visual Studio 2008/Projects/MusicPlayer/MusicPlayer/mainwindow.cpp:8: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Phonon11AudioOutputC1ENS_8CategoryEP7QO bject'

and other similar ones; the last is:

c:/Qt/4.4.0/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qlist.h: (.text$_ZN5QListIN6Phonon11MediaSourceEE13node_des tructEPNS2_4NodeE[QList<Phonon::MediaSource>::node_destruct(QList<Ph onon::MediaSource>::Node*)]+0x1b): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Phonon11MediaSourceD1Ev'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug\MusicPlayer.exe] Error 1
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `c:/Documents and Settings/.../Visual Studio 2008/Projects/MusicPlayer/MusicPlayer'
    mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2
    Progetto : error PRJ0002 : Errore 2 restituito da 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe'.

-for CAPABILITIES (and this sounds really strange ):

mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `c:/Documents and Settings/.../Visual Studio 2008/Projects/Capabilities/Capabilities'
    g++ -c -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"c:\Qt\4.4.0\include\QtCore" -I"c:\Qt\4.4.0\include\QtCore" -I"c:\Qt\4.4.0\include\QtGui" -I"c:\Qt\4.4.0\include\QtGui" -I"c:\Qt\4.4.0\include" -I"." -I"c:\Qt\4.4.0\include\ActiveQt" -I"debug" -I"." -I"c:\Qt\4.4.0\mkspecs\default" -o debug\window.o window.cpp
    window.cpp:70: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
    Please submit a full bug report,
    with preprocessed source if appropriate.
    See <URL:http://www.mingw.org/bugs.shtml> for instructions.

That's all...
    I hope someone could help me...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Phonon examples

You can't build phonon with mingw. You should build it using the free visual studio 2008 c++ instead. (look here for more information: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/phonon-overview.html)