Thread: Paint streaming pixel data

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Paint streaming pixel data

Hello,

Please help me figure out what the best method is to load a file of pixel data (each pixel is 8bits) and paint it to the screen. The data is supposed to stream down the screen (i.e waterfall). (So basically read one line at a time from the file and stream the image from the top of the screen)

I'm currently just testing with a regular QImage file and scrolling it down the screen. I first tried the basic method of loading a QImage and calling paintEvent on a set timer. PaintEvent will just redraw the image (drawImage) one line lower each time.

However, the image scrolls down the screen very slowly, and i'm sure there is a better way to do this.

I also found a basic example of QGraphicsScene and QGraphicsView which uses animation->setPosAt(...) after a certain QTimeLine. However I'm not sure if this is what I want for my application (to repeatedly read the pixel data file 1 line at a time and stream it down the screen).

Thank you very much for your help
    -James
    Last edited by jmsbc; 16th September 2008 at 01:10.