Howdy folks,

I am having trouble running a Qt Embedded app on Windows CE 5.0 (Intel XScale PXA270 - ARM10). The sequence of events is as follows...

0. Download and install the Microsoft Windows CE 5.0 Standard SDK
1. Download and build Qt Embedded 4.4.2 as per the instructions at http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/install-wince.html - using MSVC2005, with the -static option
2. Create a new Smart Device Win32 project in VS, give it the Standard SDK rather than the default Visual Studio ones
3. Add library directories of C:\<qtdir>\lib and C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\<sdkdir>\lib\ARMv4i
4. Add includes directory of C:\<qtdir>\include
5. Add link libraries of QtCore.lib and QtGui.lib

At this point, the app compiles and runs fine. However, the moment I add #include <QtGui/QApplication> in my app and do a "QApplication app(argc, argv);" it comes up with a series of link errors. As far as I've come to realise they are part of the deal when linking statically, and need extra libs to be fed to the linker.

At this point, I add the following libs: ceshell.lib winsock.lib

Now, the app builds and links fine (takes three minutes to link it, but still). However, deploying it on a device (a Symbol MC3090G, at this point) and trying to run it gives the pleasant brick-wall error of "'QHula' is not a valid Windows CE application".

Qt-Embedded for Windows CE is configured with the following flags:

-platform win32-msvc2005 -xplatform wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005 -static

and the Qt build (configure, setcepaths, nmake) seems to finish without error. Target device is set to "STANDARDSDK_500 (ARMV4I)" in Visual Studio.

Can anyone here please help me shed some light on the situation? I am a newbie to Qt at this point.

Cheers,
Fritz