Thread: multiple plots in QVBoxLayout: different length of legends, but same canvas width?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: multiple plots in QVBoxLayout: different length of legends, but same canvas width

thanks, i will try that.

but if it really sets the geometry of the whole plot widget, it won't work i guess, because the legend on the right (symbol/text) is actually part of the plot widget.
    that's why i probably need to set a fixed size for the "canvas"/"painting area"/"left part"/hope you know what i mean ...

but i will try setGeometry first before i complain too much.

// EDIT: as i expected, setGeometry unfortunately doesn't work, because the width/height of all the plots is the same.
    anyway, thanks for the answer, at least one person who read all the stuff!

// EDIT2: btw: setting the minimum- and maximum-width for the legend item (legend()) and/or canvas (canvas()) doesn't work aswell.
    the legend/canvas is resized, but the "actual painting area" (like when you resize the whole plot widget, the whole painting are + scale is scaled correctly) isn't resized.

sincerely,
    julian
    Last edited by -=Freaky=-; 15th October 2008 at 11:30.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: multiple plots in QVBoxLayout: different length of legends, but same canvas width

Insert the legend as QwtPlot::ExternalLegend and organize your plots and legends in a QGridLayout.
    Note, that external legends are not printed by QwtPlot::print. So if you need printing you have to call QwtPlot::printLegend() manually.

Uwe

3. The following user says thank you to Uwe for this useful post:

-=Freaky=- (15th October 2008)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

thanks alot uwe!
    i read that part of the docs so many times but just didn't see its importance ...
    everything works fine now!

sincerely,
    julian