Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qt Creator

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Qt Creator

Qt Creator - Nokia/Trolltech's IDE AKA Greenhouse is available for download now:

http://trolltech.com/developer/qt-creator/

Versions for Mac OS X, Win32, Linux 32/64, Linux/gcc3.3

Yeahhhhh!!!!!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt Creator

it seems good...
    but the link for the windows version is broken..

I am using eclipse until now, under windows it works almost fine, but it is a nightmare with linux. IF this QT creator does what it says it would be great...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

it is a great IDE tool
    a bit long to install (25mins with vista + celeron ) but it all working at once.

the only problem for me is that they use the latest Qt4.4.3 and that it comes with a bug
    (229399 - QDataWidgetMapper: Mapping data from a model to a QLabel does not work - regression)

Otherwise it s working fine even the debuugger is working without any extra work.
    I should try later on my ubuntu (once I upgrade to 8.10)

Thanks Nokia.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

For me the install was a 1 minutes install.

The GUI is great, minimalistic and fast. I miss doxygen (no comment highlights, no doxygen documentation). CMake support will come (I guess that from the help). Debug does not work here (Mandriva 2008.1).

I like this a lot.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Maemo/MeeGo

I love it. The only bad thing no CMake or KDE4 Devel with it. So I'm stuck with KDevelop3 right now. But the code-complete is awesome. Though I wish it didn't take up alot of view. Should only show the doc for that parameter when you get to that parameter. Font size too big. Its very small which is awesome. Clean. But don't understand why it has no theme added to it under KDE 4.1.2.
    Qt-4.7.3 | Gentoo ~amd64 | KDE-4.7
    Aki IRC Client for KDE4 | Qt Documentation

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I have tried on ubuntu 8.04, the install is much faster than on vista
    it is working fine debug working.

note the phonon lib are not working on both vista and ubuntu but this is another problem

great and simple
    the only missing thingy would the fast scrolling with the middle button of the mouse.

Thanks again to the Nokia/trolltech developper

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

great "IDE to be"

it's not even beta version! Alpha version - and works great. i can't wait for final release.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

you must exit and enter the program so autocomplete can catch changes in .ui file

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

For an alpha release this tool is remarkably complete and functional. Here is a listing of KNOWN issues, obtained from the Help:
    Known Issues of Version 0.9 (Technical Preview)

There are some known issues with the Technical Preview. The development team is aware of those, there is no need to report them as bug.

• The central editor sometimes loses it "changed" status marker.
    • There is a kernel bug essentially making debugging unreliable on 2.6.24 kernels for i386 (which is, unfortunately, the default on Ubuntu 8.04). See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...b/+bug/230315/ for details. The only solution for this problem is to boot another kernel.
    • gdb sometimes takes very long to load debugging symbol, especially from big libraries like libQtWebKit. Starting debugging can take up to several minutes without visible progress.
    • Paths or file names containing spaces or special characters like colons, dollar signs, hash marks etc. may create difficulties. Some of the tools Qt Creator uses in the background to do the "real work" have restrictions on the characters that are allowed in file and directory names. To be on the safe side, it is strongly recommended to create projects and project items only with names consisting of plain characters, numbers, underscores, and hyphens.
    • .pro files are reformatted if files are added/removed. Whitespace is not preserved.
    • No IDE support for adding files to include (.pri) files.
    • No IDE support for adding/removing sub-projects. Project hierarchies (SUBDIRS template) have to be created by hand.
    • The file system sidebar does not update automatically. As a workaround you can switch to another directory and then back.
    • The resource system of the embedded version of Qt Designer does not interact with the project management.
    • Loading KDE4 designer plugins breaks the style, due to a bug in
    KDE.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Qt Creator

It;s really strange, but it just doesn't work for me. Well, it installs, code completion works, I can load my project, I can use embended designer...
    There is just 1 little flaw, if I do anything my changes just somehow don't make to binary. Small example: i changed string, that i was printing into textedit from "hello world" to "hello creator", saved, rebuilded, run...and what do you know, it was printing "hello world". I tried build, build all, build project, rebuild all, rebuild project (basicaly everything I found there), but nothing helped. Build output seemed allright. I rebuilt project in qtdevelop, and it worked just fine...strange.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I have problem with code completion.
    As code completion start the keyboard inputs are not accepted anymore.
    If a switch to another view and back to the editor view, the keyboard is restored.

OS is Fedora 7.
    Regards

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Can`t download the Windows version??

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by giusepped View Post
    I have problem with code completion.
    As code completion start the keyboard inputs are not accepted anymore.
    If a switch to another view and back to the editor view, the keyboard is restored.

OS is Fedora 7.
    Regards
    You can send an email to qt-creator@trolltech.com with the single word "subscribe" in the body (sans quotes).

One bug, for example, is if you add a text control to a form and then try to get something like
    ui.something->setText("some text");
    to work it won't work until you close Qt-Create and restart it. This bug has been fixed and will be in the next release.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Hello,
    I hope i post in the right post !

I use qt-creator and I've a bug when I try to use debug mode. When I clic on "start debug", the build is ok. But I have juste a button "Interrupt" (shift+F5) and on the debug window, my cursor is in wait mode. I have put severals breakpoint, but nothing.

In normal mode, my program is ok.

I use OpenSuse11.1 and this packets is installed : qt4... devel, debugsource, debuginfo.

An idea on this problem ?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Does this also happen on a small project?

gdb generally may takes ages to load debug information
    of "big" libraries, especially if it's in separate files as Qt's.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Yes, I have just one mainwindow and a QPushButton And I wait severals minutes, but nothing.
    Last edited by Patate; 10th November 2008 at 23:46.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Quote Originally Posted by Patate View Post
    Yes, I have just one mainwindow and a QPushButton And I wait severals minutes, but nothing.
    "Several minutes" should be enough. I have never seen it take that long.

Try not to put a breakpoint in a constructor of a class. gdb's "machine interface"
    is somewhat broken there, and that's what Qt Creator alpha (and Eclipse etc) use as far as I can tell. If that does not help, asking directly on the "support list" qt-creator@trolltech.com may possibly help.

18. The following user says thank you to ktk for this useful post:

ComaWhite (4th December 2008)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Hi all,
    I've been watching Qt as a multi platform system for a number of years now but have'nt found it easy enough to warrent changing (I normally use Borland Builder for Windows) and the Eclipse IDE is a nightmare, but I accidently came across Qt Creator - wow - nice and simple at last !
    Ok, it's only in beta now and crashes frequently but I would actually be tempted to port my stuff over to Linux and give the Microsoft piggybank the finger. I use a mid range bit of kit and don't find the complie times too slow (ok quite a bit slower than Borland but still in reasonable real time).

I am currently trying to translate my Borland Builder serial port driver into Qt on Windows (I used the QextSerialPort as a basis to show Qt ways of reasoning) but I have a niggling bug that may be due to the Beta stage of Creator - I am using some QComboBox's in a popup widget, these can be pre loaded with values ok but the moment I use setCurrentIndex or currentIndex on them I get a crash with a Windows exception fault. Using these on a test project on a mainWindow works ok but I am using them in a widget/dialogue class behind a widget/QIODevice class behind the mainWindows class - any thoughts anyone - or is it time to wait for the next version of Creator ?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Hi all,
    I've been watching Qt as a multi platform system for a number of years now but have'nt found it easy enough to warrent changing (I normally use Borland Builder for Windows) and the Eclipse IDE is a nightmare, but I accidently came across Qt Creator - wow - nice and simple at last !
    If you talk about nighmares, Borland Builder is the biggest one I've seen Well... maybe apart Visual Studio 6, but that's another story.

Ok, it's only in beta now and crashes frequently but I would actually be tempted to port my stuff over to Linux and give the Microsoft piggybank the finger. I use a mid range bit of kit and don't find the complie times too slow (ok quite a bit slower than Borland but still in reasonable real time).
    I guess you are mistaking a compiler (like GCC, MSVC or Borland Compiler) with development environment (Creator*, Visual Studio, Borland Builder) and toolkit (Qt, MFC, <does Borland even have a toolkit?>).

*) Qt Creator is not really an IDE but an advanced programming editor

(...) but I have a niggling bug that may be due to the Beta stage of Creator - I am using some QComboBox's in a popup widget, these can be pre loaded with values ok but the moment I use setCurrentIndex or currentIndex on them I get a crash with a Windows exception fault.
    Qt Creator has nothing to do with that. It's just a text editor. The crash is caused by your code, you probably reference a non-existing widget or index in the widget, but that's not the right forum to discuss this issue.

By the way, Borland Compiler is the most broken compiler of them all, it can't generate proper C++ code, maybe that's why it's so fast

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

I can't seem to install it on Ubuntu. The error message is below.

"Installer payload initialization failed. This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt downloaded file."

I've got all the qt dev tools installed and can actually develop normally using qt designer and qmake on the command line.

Any suggestions?