Thread: extra mouseMoveEvents causing jittering in QGraphicsView

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11

Default extra mouseMoveEvents causing jittering in QGraphicsView

Hi everyone.

I'm having a problem with a QGraphicsView instance receiving extra mouseMoveEvent calls that is causing visual jittering when I move a QGraphicsItem contained in the scene.

I have a master QGraphicsView widget, that also acts as a selection manager. It uses the scene's selection list, and implements basic item dragging -- a move on each of the selected QGraphicsItems. Unfortunately amidst all of the 'good' mouseMoveEvents I am receiving 'bad' ones -- strangely -- only when the mouse pointer lies over the original QGraphicsItem's bounding rect. This causes a jittering effect, where the QGraphicsItem being moved bounces between the position it should be in, and the position it was in when the move started (effectively when the item was grabbed by the user's mouse down). Can anyone shed any light on where these extra, disruptive events might be coming from?

Thanks.
    Dave

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: extra mouseMoveEvents causing jittering in QGraphicsView

Hi,
    I had rather similar problem and it turned out that all extra mouse events return false for
    Qt Code:
    1. bool QEvent::spontaneous ()
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    So after ignoring such events my problem was solved. Probably this can help you.