Thread: Step by step Qwt on MinGW

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Step by step Qwt on MinGW

Or: One person's path to QWT bliss.

Following are the steps I took to get Qwt working on XP with MinGW for applications compiled in debug mode.

1) Extract Qwt into an empty directory.

2) Read the Qwt INSTALL and README.

3) Make Qwt in Release mode only (by editing qwtconfig.pri). On one computer I got make errors stating the "directory src/ already exists"; on this computer in Makefile CHK_DIR_EXISTS was set to 'test -d' and directory separaters were forward slashes. I deleted all of the lines that were testing and making directories since they already existed. On a different computer (both XP) the Makefile CHK_DIR_EXISTS was set to 'if not exists' and the directory separators were backslashes and it worked just fine. ???

4) Copy the two files in <Qwt Root>/designer/plugins/designer into <Qt Root>/plugins/designer (this is assuming that your Designer was built in release mode which is the default).

5) Create another blank directory and again extract the Qwt download. Edit qwtconfig.pri for debug_and_release and build_all.

6) Create directory <Qt Root>/include/Qwt and copy all of the headers from <Qwt Root>/src into it.

7) Copy libqwt.a and libqwtd.a from <Qwt Root>/lib into <Qt Root>/lib.

8) Add the following lines to the .pro file in your application:
    LIBS += -lqwt
    INCLUDEPATH += <your path to your Qt Root>/include/qwt.

I hope I didn't forget anything. Worked for me.
    Doug

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Step by step Qwt on MinGW

One other thing I forgot; I think that the Qwt documentation can be added to Qt Assistant by copying all of the .html files from the doc/html in Qwt to the same in Qt, and copy the .png files from doc/html to <Qt Root>/doc/html/images.

Maybe someone else can help me out here.

Thanks

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Step by step Qwt on MinGW

Wrong about documentation, just open doc/html/index.html (doxygen documentation).

Doug