Thread: Installing Qt4 for Mac OS X

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default Installing Qt4 for Mac OS X

I recently downloaded the open-source Qt and I ran the configure file, used the 'make' command and was about to do the 'sudo make install' command when I realized I was putting it in my home folder (default behavior) when I wanted it in developer. Can anyone tell me where the make command, other than the home folder, may have placed files I need to delete? I already cleared the configure with the 'make conf clean' command and I have all the files that where in my home folder in the trash but is there anything else I missed?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Installing Qt4 for Mac OS X

I'm not sure if I get you well, but the default installation prefix for opensource Qt4 on Mac OS X is /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3. So the whole Qt stuff goes there when you type "sudo make install". If you just built Qt and didn't install it, all the compiled files are inside the source code folder, and nowhere else, so typing make confclean should delete them all. If you want to install Qt in /Developer, be sure to specify it in configure script arguments, e.g.:

# ./configure -prefix /Developer/Qt4

3. The following user says thank you to ayoy for this useful post:

DragonLance156156 (11th February 2009)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default Re: Installing Qt4 for Mac OS X

Quote Originally Posted by ayoy View Post
    I'm not sure if I get you well, but the default installation prefix for opensource Qt4 on Mac OS X is /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3. So the whole Qt stuff goes there when you type "sudo make install". If you just built Qt and didn't install it, all the compiled files are inside the source code folder, and nowhere else, so typing make confclean should delete them all. If you want to install Qt in /Developer, be sure to specify it in configure script arguments, e.g.:
    thats not what the default file path was on mine. It just put qmake, plugins, lib, examples, doc, config.tests, mkspecs, include, demos, and bin folders right in my home folder (/user/'myusername') after only building it. And after using make conf clean they where still there.