Thread: Qt Creator on Mac OS X

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default Qt Creator on Mac OS X

Hi

I just started looking at this new tool and Qt itself. It's been good so far but I have some question specifically on the OS X platform:

1. How do you build 64-bit app? I don't see any option for that and the default project seems to build only 32-bit Universal Binaries.

2. How do you create a self-contained app? By that I mean how to create an app bundle that does not require installation of Qt frameworks?

Thanks.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt Creator on Mac OS X

Hi

the frameworks in the sdk seems to be only 32 bit. You have to build your own version.

Deployment:
    You can simply add the frameworks to the mac bundle with the new macdeployqt tool.
    But it isn't integrated in the standard installation of the sdk. You can load the sources and compile only the macdeployqt project.

3. The following user says thank you to hwerglmir for this useful post:

stephenju (12th March 2009)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default Re: Qt Creator on Mac OS X

Thanks. I figured out that I need to install from source and then install QtCreator separately. Still feeling my way there.

Also find out you need to build the whole Qt lib with cocoa option. The SDK and default source config is still Carbon which doesn't support 64-bit. But Cocoa backend is still kind of work-in-progress with some important feature missing. ie. drag-and-drop support. So I will stick to 32-bit for now.

Thanks again.