Thread: What is the use of libsmokeqt.dll for windows

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default What is the use of libsmokeqt.dll for windows

Hi to all,

I have developed .exe file for my application. while running that .exe file i am getting the following errror:

“This application has failed to start because libsmokeqt.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem”

Can any one tell me what is the problem and how to rectify that problem.

Waiting for your replies.

Regards,

Narasimha Raju

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: What is the use of libsmokeqt.dll for windows

Hmm... you have written an application and you don't know what it contains? Forgive me, but this is weird Especially that you want us to tell you (the application developer) what is in your application...

Anyway, you are probably using some component that depends on this library. You need to find this library and copy it to your application's folder where the executable resides.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, i forgot to tell, i have developed a Qt based application in linux it is working fine and now i want to develop the same application in windows and i made .exe file.

While executing that file i am getting the following error:

“This application has failed to start because libsmokeqt.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem”

I searched for this dll in net also but i didn't get proper information, can any one resolve my problem.

Regards,

Narasimha Raju

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Maemo/MeeGo

libsmokeqt is KDE script binding generator which was used to making Qt/KDE possible in C#
    Qt-4.7.3 | Gentoo ~amd64 | KDE-4.7
    Aki IRC Client for KDE4 | Qt Documentation

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Do you know Dependency Walker? It shows you the libraries your application depends on, the libraries these depend on and so on. As you were able to compile your applications, it's most likely that another library you use depends on the SMOKE dll to run.

As ComaWhite said, SMOKE is used to generate bindings for several scripting languages. So the cause is probably a component that allows scripting.