Thread: Setting background-color on widgets makes child widget wrong style

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Question Setting background-color on widgets makes child widget wrong style

Hi,

I'm new to Qt and have a problem with my first Qt application.
    Steps to recreate on Windows Vista (fairly simple):
    1. Start Qt Designer and create a mainwindow ui, add a push button to main widget "centralWidget"
    2. Change the stylesheet of either "MainWindow" or "centralWidget" from Property Editor, and set it's background to white: background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
    Issues: the button on the widget doesn't render as expected, please refer to the images below. The image on left side is a default preview result, and it's a Vista Style button. The one on right side is the result with white background and it's a very old windows style.

Thanks

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Setting background-color on widgets makes child widget wrong style

Finally I used the code like this to change the palette, and it works well so far:
    Qt Code:
    1. QPalette pal = palette();
    2. pal.setColor( QPalette::Window, Qt::white );
    3. setPalette( pal );
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Note:
    1. The preview for setting the palette from Qt Designer doesn't work. I wasted much time because of this defect.
    2. I tried to override virtual void paintEvent ( QPaintEvent * event );, haven't finished yet, not sure what will happen.