Thread: data rate transfer is decreasing in TCP connection

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default data rate transfer is decreasing in TCP connection

DearAll,

My project is based on QTcpSocket. My pc is connected with a external device which sends lots of data to my pc and my application has to extract all the packets and process it in proper way. Device continuously sends the huge amount of data (for example: image and some data related to the image) and my application has to process this image and related data. If device is not connected to any pc, device will do its normal activity i.e in this case capture new image and collect data related to that. In connected mode, I observed initially for few seconds data transfer rate is very high and even my program process all the data. But after few seconds transfer of data rate from the device will decrease. At some point the device stop sending data to my pc. I found there is no problem in the device. if i close my application, then device works properly as it was in the initial state.
    Can anyone tell me what is there any problem in my appliaction which cause decrease in rate of transfer of data. If yes please tell me how can i resolve it.
    Is this because of TCP satck of my pc is full and not sending acknowledgment to the device.???

Is there any tool from which i can see Data in socket and TCP stack???

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: data rate transfer is decreasing in TCP connection

Do you read the data from the socket fast enough? There is a buffer in the socket that gets filled and stops the flow to avoid data loss.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

yes i do. whenever appliaction recieve the data i process it and checks for socket whether it contains data. if it has i process once again. This will continue until socket is empty.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Can we see the code?
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.