Hi All,

Recently i compiled Qt 4.5 Embedded for an ARM platform and was able to successfully deploy it on the target board.

The application ran successfully on the target board, but there was a problem. The framebuffer usage conflicted with the KDE session that was running on the target board. Meaning, after running my application, the screen was updated to show the GUI from my application, but when i tried moving the mouse pointer, the screen traversed by the mouse erased my GUI and displayed the KDE session. In a way, both are using the same frame buffer and updating individually, with KDE taking the higher priority.

While doing the configuration to cross-compile Qt4.5 for ARM, i couldn't find any options that could allow me to run my application under the already running KDE session. Also there was no option to own the framebuffer exclusively to my application as well.

Can anyone help me get this issue sorted out? i believe the KDE session has a X11 Server running and if my application connects to it, then it could work as "just another window" with other windows inside the KDE session but i don't know how to do it.

If not possible to run inside the KDE session, is it possible to own the framebuffer exclusively? Has anyone ever faced such issues?

Any help would be really great.

Thanks.