Thread: QT Creator crashed on startup

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Unhappy QT Creator crashed on startup

Hi all,

I have tried to google this one but I don't come up with any hits... I am running Windows XP SP2 and I just installed QT creator 1.2.1. The moment I start it, it fails blaming qtnetwork4.dll. I don't really see what the issue is.
    Anyone faced this before?

Sincerely,

Eric

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Symbian S60

Default Re: QT Creator crashed on startup

I have the same issue, I'm running Windows 7 RC.

Do you by any chance use Opera browser? Cause I noticed sometimes I'm able to run Qt Creator when Opera is not running, never when it's running. I'm using Opera 10 beta 2.

This is the complete text of the error:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: qtcreator.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4a573ba2
    Fault Module Name: QtNetwork4.dll
    Fault Module Version: 4.5.2.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a3f5b39
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00040538
    Locale ID: 1045
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi,

Unfortunately is a recurrent problem linked to the latest Qt Creator release, that targets
    not only Win 7 but also Win Xp Sp2, Win 2k3 etc.

But this crash can be ignored, indeed, specially if you have some other postmortem debugger
    enabled, like VS PostMortem Dbg you can freely ignore this crash (move crash dialog into a not boring position like under trybar) and code freely.

You don't have to confirm exception, just ignore the dialog!

The only thing you will notice is a little slowdown of performances, especially at debugging time

Have a nice day,
    Giuseppe 'Evilcry' Bonfa'
    Happiness depends on being self-sufficient, and a master of mental attitude, self-sufficiency is achieved by living a life of Virtue - Cynics

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Symbian S60

I see, so now I have to install Visual Studio to use Qt Creator

Thanks for the tip, gonna check it out.

//edit:
    I installed Visual Studio, now when Qt Creator crashes I have a new option "Debug the program" and when I choose this option I get a list of debuggers on my system (I have only 1 - VS Dbg) and when I click "Yes" VS starts, clicking "Continue" does nothing and when I click "Break" I get disassembly which I have no idea what do do with.
    Last edited by arturo182; 6th August 2009 at 13:06.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by arturo182 View Post
    I installed Visual Studio, now when Qt Creator crashes I have a new option "Debug the program" and when I choose this option I get a list of debuggers on my system (I have only 1 - VS Dbg) and when I click "Yes" VS starts, clicking "Continue" does nothing and when I click "Break" I get disassembly which I have no idea what do do with.
    When the crash happens, VS is called and its debugger catches the exception, so when appears the Dialog containing "Debug the program", simply don't do nothing move this dialog and don't click nothing or debugger will popup and after break will kill QtCreator. Just leave untouched the dialog and work with QtCreator
    Happiness depends on being self-sufficient, and a master of mental attitude, self-sufficiency is achieved by living a life of Virtue - Cynics

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Symbian S60

I'm not sure what you mean.

When the program crashes I wait and wait and nothing happens, so I click "Debug the program", Visual Studio launches and I get this: http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9...board01zwj.png

Waiting does nothing, pressing "Continue" makes the same dialog appear and pressing "Break" makes the dialog dissapear but nothing more happens.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

In my case ( WinXP Sp2 ) when Qt Creator crashes, does not pop up immediately VS Debugger, but appears the dialog that informs you of the crash, I simply ignore this dialog
    by moving it down and simply prosecute with the use of Qt Creator

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Symbian S60

I found a solution for this, it's a bug in Welcome plugin. There are two solutions for this, easy one and the hard one:
    the easy one is go to <QtCreator dir>\lib\qtcreator\plugins\Nokia\ and delete or rename welcome.dll
    the hard one is to download latest Qt Creator source and check this line to this
    I already contacted one of the creators, I'm sure they're gonna fix it in 1.3

There is also one more solution that worked for me, if I disconnected from my wi-fi Creator worked just fine, I was able to connect again after I started Qt Creator, I'm sure plugging off the internet cable for a second would work too.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Thank you very much
    I'm also just beginning with Qt. My OS is Windows 7 RC and I kept getting the same problem.. I know now that I have to disable my WiFi to start up

Ty

Jens

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi everyone!

Yesterday i downloaded the "Qt SDK: Complete Development Environment (172Mb)"
    I installed it in my computer WinXP SP2, but the Creator crashs on the startup the crash the problem seems to be in qtnetwork4.dll

I tryed the solution deleting the welcome.dll but it doesn't work, trying disable firewalls also.

Later i installed it in my old computers WinXP SP2 too, but it this time it works, okay, i am runing it slower but works EXCEPT for the debuguer, doesn't work!! it shows a message aside the threads droopdown: "debbuging helpers not found"
    i installed the "Install Debugging Tools for Windows" but nothing

the new computer where it crash is not pluged to internet, i tryed disabling the fireballs but doesn't work!

It seems to be a great tool but i can't use without at least a debugger.

Thanks very much in advance!

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Quote Originally Posted by AgusBena View Post
    Hi everyone!

Yesterday i downloaded the "Qt SDK: Complete Development Environment (172Mb)"
    I installed it in my computer WinXP SP2, but the Creator crashs on the startup the crash the problem seems to be in qtnetwork4.dll

I tryed the solution deleting the welcome.dll but it doesn't work, trying disable firewalls also.

Later i installed it in my old computers WinXP SP2 too, but it this time it works, okay, i am runing it slower but works EXCEPT for the debuguer, doesn't work!! it shows a message aside the threads droopdown: "debbuging helpers not found"
    i installed the "Install Debugging Tools for Windows" but nothing

the new computer where it crash is not pluged to internet, i tryed disabling the fireballs but doesn't work!

It seems to be a great tool but i can't use without at least a debugger.

Thanks very much in advance!
    This seems to be unrelated to the message starting this thread, right?

In any case I think it would be helpful if you wrote what version of Qt Creator you use. Also, according to http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-creator/p...AskedQuestions there seems to be more useful information for people that want to help you:

The debugger does not work. What kind of information is helpful?

First, make sure you use at least version 1.2.1. There have been several debugger related bug fixed in this version. Then, there is a “Debugger View” (under “Debug –> Views –> Debugger”). Note: Until Qt Creator 1.2, the view was called “Gdb View”. The contents of the pane on the right hand side is most helpful. It is advised to attach it to any debugger related report on the mailing list (qt-creator@trolltech.com) or to put it on http://creator.pastebin.com before asking people on IRC (#qt-creator at FreeNode).

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

same here (this version and previous version)
    using xp sp2, vs2005 installed
    when i unplug my lan cable, it works fine
    i have no problem running qtcreator under linux
    (same machine; i boot either winxp or archlinux)

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I have the same crashing problem, and I don't even have a welcome.dll to remove and try...

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Disabling networking allows me to start qt-creator (then I can re-enable networking).

However, the problem was (probably) due to Macaffee antivirus!