Thread: Qt with 64-bit Windows

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Qt with 64-bit Windows

Please can someone give me instructions on using Qt with 64-bit windows (I want make true 64-bit Qt applications). I saw some other threads but no clear answers.

I have the commercial version of Qt, but I am using the free version of Visual Studio (Express). I do everything from the command line (using nmake). As far as I see, cl.exe creates 32-bit binaries. So is there any way? I got 64-bit Vista on my laptop, but if I can't make 64-bit binaries, ....

Please can somebody help? Do I need to buy the non-express Visual Studio?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt with 64-bit Windows

Quote Originally Posted by magland View Post
    I have the commercial version of Qt, but I am using the free version of Visual Studio (Express).
    Qt Compiler notes :
    In order to use Qt with the Visual Studio 2005/2008 Express Edition you need to download and install the platform SDK. Due to limitations in the Express Edition it is not possible for us to install the Qt Visual Studio Integration. You will need to use our command line tools to build Qt applications with this edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by magland View Post
    I do everything from the command line (using nmake). As far as I see, cl.exe creates 32-bit binaries. So is there any way?
    You need to have 64 bit OS, compiler, processor, debugger. Find more info here.

Qt FAQs:
    You can build the source package on 64bit AMD platforms provided you use the 64 bit command line shell that comes with Visual Studio. The Qt binary package is prebuilt in 32 bit, so it is necessary to use the source package. Note that the mkspec for Visual Studio .NET 2005 uses win32, but this is only because Visual Studio .NET 2005 works on 32bit platforms as well. The following suggestion is listed in the Task Tracker for adding a separate configuration for Win64.