Thread: How to Calibrate Touchscreen

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

Question How to Calibrate Touchscreen

Hello friends,

I have a board ads5121e with mpc5121 processor and Qt Embedded for linux. I want to use ELO 1715L touchscreen with my qt applications.

When i connect the touchscreen over usb, Linux recognizes it as a HID device automatically.

But the problem is that;in my Qt application , the cursor position does not point where I touch on the screen. I mean that; when I touch upper part of the screen, mouse cursor goes a bit more upper; when i touch lower part of the screen, mouse cursor goes a bit more lower than the touched point.. There is a mapping problem i think...

I guess that the resolution of the touchscreen and the resolution of the application are different.. Any idea how to solve that issue? Or is that a calibration issue? If yes how

I also tried tslib and use the touchpanel by serial connection(since there is already a driver in the kernel for my touchscreen). But i couldn't manage it(Thats another story...)

Any little idea is appreciated..
    Thanks in advance...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: How to Calibrate Touchscreen

Ok guys, I gave up trying to use usb connection... Now I am trying to make rs232 connection work.

When I "cat /dev/ttyPSC0" , I can see the output from touch screen...
    I set export "QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=elo:/dev/ttyPSC0" kind of something. but in my application the touchscreen doesn't function at all..Any advice ?

I tried "QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=LinuxTP:/dev/ttyPSC0" in this case, when i touch on the screen the mouse cursor disappears.

I also tried "QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=MouseMan:/dev/ttyPSC0" in this case, when i touch on the screen, the cursor goes left bottom of the screen and doesn't move any more...
    Last edited by yagabey; 18th September 2009 at 10:07.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded

Hi Yagabey,

I have same problem . Did you solve your?

Regards, moidom.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded

Hi,
    do you have a driver for your touch? if yes, you should have a /dev/yourDriverOutputDevice. Loof in ts.conf file if tslib support your touch. If yes, select QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=tslib:/dev/yourDriverOutputDevice and be sure you have in your plugin dir the appropiated plugin.

In my case, I solved in this way: As I hadn't touch driver, I modified a choosed I plugin of ts.conf and I modified its soruce code to read on /dev/tty in a raw mode and I filled ts_event properly.

Regards, moidom.