Thread: QGraphicsPixmapItem zoom out loses percision

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default QGraphicsPixmapItem zoom out loses percision

Hello everyone,

I've created an application that uses QGraphicsView & QGraphicsScene, and I've subclassed a QGraphicsPixmapItem,

The application loads an image, around 5 mb of size, it is very fast when it comes to zooming in/out or rotating, but the problem with zooming out is that the image seems to loose precision, and I cant read the lines written anymore

I do the scaling using the following code
    Qt Code:
    1. qreal imageCenterX = m_imageItem->x()+ m_imageItem->boundingRect().width()/2;
    2. qreal imageCenterY = m_imageItem->y()+ m_imageItem->boundingRect().height()/2;
    5. m_imageItem->setTransform(QTransform().translate(imageCenterX, imageCenterY).rotate(angle).scale(zoomFactor, zoomFactor).translate(-imageCenterX, -imageCenterY));
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

I've looked at the image viewer application example from Qt 4.5 examples, their code does a very good zooming in/out, and it keep the precision excellent, they use QLabel to load the QPixmap object, but its very very slow in zooming

Qt Code:
    1. scaleFactor *= factor;
    2. imageLabel->resize(scaleFactor * imageLabel->pixmap()->size());
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

I've attached a sample pmb to show the difference between my app, and the image viewer app

mine is the one on the left (least precision), and image viewer is the right one

any comment is more than welcome

Best regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 913 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60
    Wiki edits

Default Re: QGraphicsPixmapItem zoom out loses percision

did you use QGraphicsPixmapItem::setTransformationMode() with Qt::SmoothTransformation and/or QGraphicsView::setRenderHints() with QPainter::Antialiasing | QPainter::SmoothPixmapTransform?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QGraphicsPixmapItem zoom out loses percision

Quote Originally Posted by Lykurg View Post
    did you use QGraphicsPixmapItem::setTransformationMode() with Qt::SmoothTransformation and/or QGraphicsView::setRenderHints() with QPainter::Antialiasing | QPainter::SmoothPixmapTransform?
    These should do it. IIRC, SmoothPixmapTransform is not default.