Thread: Multiply defined symbols found - compiling with VC++

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Question Multiply defined symbols found - compiling with VC++

Hi all,

I am working on setting up Qt 4.5.1 to work with Visual Studio 9 2008. I found instructions on doing so, and I did the following:

I downloaded qt-vs-addin-1.1.0.exe and ran to install it as a VS addin. I ran vs afterwards and verified that I saw the Qt menu items, and was able to create a project. I then used the download I already had of qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.1 (trying not to waste time initially doing any more downloads that I have to right now), unzipped it, cd'ed into the base directory, and ran the following command line to configure:

configure.exe -platform win32-msvc2008 -static -debug-and-release -opensource -fast -no-exceptions -no-accessibility -no-sql-db2 -no-sql-ibase -no-sql-mysql -no-sql-oci -no-sql-odbc -no-sql-psql -no-sql-sqlite -no-sql-sqlite2 -no-sql-tds -no-qt3support -nomake examples -nomake tools -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-webkit -no-scripttools -no-mmx -no-3dnow -no-sse -no-sse2

Configure went well, and so I ran nmake to compile. After some time, the compilation crapped out with the following errors:

link /LIBPATH:"e:\Qt\qt-4.5.1-vc\lib" /LIBPATH:"e:\Qt\qt-4.5.1-vc\lib" /
    NOLOGO /INCREMENTAL:NO /LTCG /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"tmp\obj\release_static\def
    orm.intermediate.manifest" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS "/MANIFESTDEPENDENCY:type='win32'
    name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' publicKeyToken='6595b
    64144ccf1df' language='*' processorArchitecture='*'" /OUT:release\deform.exe @C:
    \Users\bruce\AppData\Local\Temp\nmC5B7.tmp
    QtGui.lib(qapplication_win.obj) : error LNK2005: "bool qt_win_owndc_required" (?
    qt_win_owndc_required@@3_NA) already defined in QtOpenGL.lib(qwindowsurface_gl.o
    bj)
    release\deform.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols f
    ound
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN
    \link.EXE"' : return code '0x491'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN
    \nmake.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    Stop.

Not really finding anything that helps me solve this. I'm compiling on Vista Home Premium installed on a Sun VirtualBox running on a macbook pro. I am using using the nmake from Visual Studio 9.0 2008 Professional to compile.

thanks for any help...
    Bruce

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Default Re: Multiply defined symbols found - compiling with VC++

No ideas? There's gotta be someone who's seen this. Or some thoughts on what might be happening. I'm really in need of an answer if you have one. This is kind of a show stopper here.
    Thanks again in advance for your help...
    Bruce