Thread: Gtk error when installing Qt in linux

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Default Gtk error when installing Qt in linux

Hi.
    I really like Qt but I think Qt instalations don't like me very much .
    I installed qt-sdk-linux-x86_64-opensource-2009.04.1.bin, run configure,
    run gmake and gmake install, and had lot's of errors with the last one, related to Gtk.
    I think with gmake there some errors to. The first instalation I did was in tty1,
    then I try it in a command line in Kde, and in Gnome.
    I have a linux Mandriva based distro.

Qt Code:
    1. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2828: error: ‘GtkWidget’ was not declared in this scope
    2. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2828: error: ‘gtkProgressBar’ was not declared in this scope
    3. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2828: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    4. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2830: error: ‘state’ was not declared in this scope
    5. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2830: error: ‘GTK_SHADOW_IN’ was not declared in this scope
    6. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2877: error: ‘GtkObject’ was not declared in this scope
    7. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2877: error: ‘adjustment’ was not declared in this scope
    8. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2877: error: ‘gtk_adjustment_new’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    9. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2878: error: ‘gtk_progress_set_adjustment’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    10. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2878: error: ‘GtkProgress’ was not declared in this scope
    11. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2878: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
    12. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2878: error: ‘GtkAdjustment’ was not declared in this scope
    13. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2878: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
    14. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2902: error: ‘GTK_STATE_SELECTED’ was not declared in this scope
    15. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2902: error: ‘GTK_SHADOW_OUT’ was not declared in this scope
    16. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp: In member function ‘virtual QRect QGtkStyle::subControlRect(QStyle::ComplexControl, const QStyleOptionComplex*, QStyle::SubControl, const QWidget*) const’:
    17. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2985: error: ‘GtkWidget’ was not declared in this scope
    18. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2985: error: ‘gtkSpinButton’ was not declared in this scope
    19. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:2985: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    20. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3039: error: ‘GtkWidget’ was not declared in this scope
    21. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3039: error: ‘gtkCombo’ was not declared in this scope
    22. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3039: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    23. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3040: error: ‘gtk_widget_set_direction’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    24. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3040: error: ‘GTK_TEXT_DIR_RTL’ was not declared in this scope
    25. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3040: error: ‘GTK_TEXT_DIR_LTR’ was not declared in this scope
    26. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3041: error: ‘GtkAllocation’ was not declared in this scope
    27. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3041: error: expected `;' before ‘geometry’
    28. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3042: error: ‘gtk_widget_size_allocate’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    29. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3042: error: ‘geometry’ was not declared in this scope
    30. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3049: error: ‘arrowWidget’ was not declared in this scope
    31. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3049: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    32. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp: In member function ‘virtual QSize QGtkStyle::sizeFromContents(QStyle::ContentsType, const QStyleOption*, const QSize&, const QWidget*) const’:
    33. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3106: error: ‘GtkWidget’ was not declared in this scope
    34. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3106: error: ‘gtkButton’ was not declared in this scope
    35. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3106: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    36. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3125: error: ‘GtkWidget’ was not declared in this scope
    37. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3125: error: ‘gtkMenuSeparator’ was not declared in this scope
    38. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3125: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    39. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3126: error: ‘gboolean’ was not declared in this scope
    40. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3126: error: expected `;' before ‘wide_separators’
    41. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3127: error: ‘gint’ was not declared in this scope
    42. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3127: error: expected `;' before ‘separator_height’
    43. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3128: error: ‘gtk_widget_style_get’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    44. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3129: error: ‘wide_separators’ was not declared in this scope
    45. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3130: error: ‘separator_height’ was not declared in this scope
    46. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3137: error: ‘GtkWidget’ was not declared in this scope
    47. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3137: error: ‘gtkMenuItem’ was not declared in this scope
    48. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3137: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    49. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3138: error: ‘GtkStyle’ was not declared in this scope
    50. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3138: error: ‘style’ was not declared in this scope
    51. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3143: error: ‘gint’ was not declared in this scope
    52. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3143: error: expected `;' before ‘checkSize’
    53. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3144: error: ‘gtk_widget_style_get’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    54. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3144: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    55. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3144: error: ‘checkSize’ was not declared in this scope
    56. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3159: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    57. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3164: error: ‘GtkWidget’ was not declared in this scope
    58. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3164: error: ‘gtkButton’ was not declared in this scope
    59. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3164: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    60. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3165: error: ‘gint’ was not declared in this scope
    61. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3165: error: expected `;' before ‘focusPadding’
    62. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3166: error: ‘gtk_widget_style_get’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    63. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3166: error: ‘focusPadding’ was not declared in this scope
    64. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3167: error: ‘gtk_widget_style_get’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    65. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3167: error: ‘focusWidth’ was not declared in this scope
    66. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3172: error: ‘gtkButtonBox’ was not declared in this scope
    67. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3172: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    68. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3173: error: expected `;' before ‘minWidth’
    69. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3174: error: ‘gtk_widget_style_get’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    70. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3174: error: ‘minWidth’ was not declared in this scope
    71. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3175: error: ‘minHeight’ was not declared in this scope
    72. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3185: error: ‘GtkWidget’ was not declared in this scope
    73. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3185: error: ‘gtkSlider’ was not declared in this scope
    74. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3185: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    75. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3195: error: ‘GtkWidget’ was not declared in this scope
    76. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3195: error: ‘gtkEntry’ was not declared in this scope
    77. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3195: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    78. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3206: error: ‘GtkWidget’ was not declared in this scope
    79. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3206: error: ‘gtkCombo’ was not declared in this scope
    80. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3206: error: ‘gtkWidget’ is not a member of ‘QGtk’
    81. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp: In member function ‘virtual QPixmap QGtkStyle::standardPixmap(QStyle::StandardPixmap, const QStyleOption*, const QWidget*) const’:
    82. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3267: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_DELETE’ was not declared in this scope
    83. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3271: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_OK’ was not declared in this scope
    84. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3275: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_CANCEL’ was not declared in this scope
    85. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3279: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_YES’ was not declared in this scope
    86. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3283: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_NO’ was not declared in this scope
    87. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3287: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_OPEN’ was not declared in this scope
    88. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3291: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_CLOSE’ was not declared in this scope
    89. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3295: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_APPLY’ was not declared in this scope
    90. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3299: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_SAVE’ was not declared in this scope
    91. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3303: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_DIALOG_WARNING’ was not declared in this scope
    92. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3303: error: ‘GTK_ICON_SIZE_DIALOG’ was not declared in this scope
    93. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3307: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_DIALOG_QUESTION’ was not declared in this scope
    94. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3307: error: ‘GTK_ICON_SIZE_DIALOG’ was not declared in this scope
    95. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3311: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_DIALOG_INFO’ was not declared in this scope
    96. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3311: error: ‘GTK_ICON_SIZE_DIALOG’ was not declared in this scope
    97. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3315: error: ‘GTK_STOCK_DIALOG_ERROR’ was not declared in this scope
    98. styles/qgtkstyle.cpp:3315: error: ‘GTK_ICON_SIZE_DIALOG’ was not declared in this scope
    99. gmake[1]: ** [.obj/release-shared/qgtkstyle.o] Erro 2
    100. gmake[1]: Saindo do diretório `/opt/qtsdk-2009.04/qt/src/gui'
    101. gmake: ** [sub-gui-install_subtargets-ordered] Erro 2
    102. [joao@localhost qt]$
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Aparently Qt was installed fine but I have to call QtCreator from command line,
    no icons in the menu were created, unlike the instalation of the previous Qt version
    wich went well, without errors.

Also, should I run gmake confclean after installing ?

Regards
    John

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Gtk error when installing Qt in linux

hello
    I had similar errors,
    Please see below one by one and it may help you. I suppose you will be getting cant find include file at the start of these errors.

1) http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.5/requirements-x11.html -> Do you have all these installed?
    2) you may need to add the include path of the header files it is expecting while configuring.
    ./configure ... -I/usr/...

I got ahead of these errors after a lot of struggle. Though now I have linker errors and it seems that it is not finding the g_object_get etc... symbols from glib.

Please let me know if you have any success already.