Quote Originally Posted by ChristianEhrlicher
I thought that this is a template but as qmake build a vcproj from it and the main pro-file also seemed to use it - it build a vs-solution *with* them) I thought it is maybe needed. Also your program crashed because no default plugin was found and as the project was named 'default' I used it...
You're confusing me... I've just checked the src/default/default.pro file and as expected, I didn't found any occurence of the template files...

What exactly did you do? There is no way for the templates to be processed by qmake except if you stupidly called "qmake -project" while there are already project files... If you generate *.vcproj , normally qmake should work well with subdirs so you'd only need to create two of them:
  • edyuk (core library, executable and default plugin) : edyuk.pro
  • [optionnal] examples (stub-plugin) : examples/examples.pro

If subdirs aren't properly handled (I've heard that qmake bundled with 4.2 preview has troubles with them...) there are only 3 projects to create, using qmake to convert *.pro to *.vcproj and not to create anything else :
  • core library : src/lib/lib.pro
  • executable : src/exec/exec.pro
  • default plugin : src/default/default.pro
  • [optionnal] example plugin : examples/stub-plugin/stub-plugin.pro

Edyuk won't crash if there are no default plugin but if no plugins are found it will abort using qFatal()...