Thread: 4.6.0 issues on OS X 10.6 with GL

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default 4.6.0 issues on OS X 10.6 with GL

I'm working on an open source app, built using Qt. It's all GL. With 4.5.x on OS 10.5, this app works great (same for Linux & Windows). But with 4.6.0, on OS X 10.6, it doesn't.

What happens is, the app starts and shows the default screen. It responds to keyboard and mouse input. It's the display that's the problem. It's hard to describe, but it is basically horizontal screen corruption. It's like horizontal bars a few pixels wide randomly jump up and down the screen. This renders it unusable.

This happened once before in the 4.5.x line with a release candidate version. When the GA came out, the issue was no longer present. This makes me believe the issue is with Qt, and not the application. I've filed defects on this, and a sample project is wanted. Except I'm not a Qt or GL expert, so trying to create a small sample app is out of the question (for me anyway).

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Maybe you have some insight I can use to trouble shoot the issue? Or even point me to a small sample app? The problem with a generic GL sample app is they work. I think it's because this app thoroughly uses GL, versus just the basics.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: 4.6.0 issues on OS X 10.6 with GL

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default Re: 4.6.0 issues on OS X 10.6 with GL

Well, that's the frustrating part; all of the Qt GL demos work fine.

I'd really like to pair this app (stellarium) down to a basic UI for testing, but I just don't have the skill yet. The developers who do are too busy with their day jobs.

Stellarium is an astronomy app. There are stars everywhere, and some fairly sophisticated projection & transformation going on. I think it's related to how GL is being used. I just need to figure out a way to narrow it down.