Thread: Qt 4.6 - api\qscriptextensionplugin.h(43): Error: Undefined interface

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default Qt 4.6 - api\qscriptextensionplugin.h(43): Error: Undefined interface

Just downloaded Qt 4.6 and tried to build using

Qt Code:
    1. configure -debug-and-release -opensource -shared -no-qt3support -platform win32-msvc2003 -plugin-sql-oci
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

but during the build I get the following error message:

Qt Code:
    1. D:\Qt\2009.05-vc\qt\bin\moc.exe -DQT_SHARED -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DJSC=QTJSC -Djscyy
    2. parse=qtjscyyparse -Djscyylex=qtjscyylex -Djscyyerror=qtjscyyerror -DQT_BUILD_SCRIPT_LIB -DQT_NO_USING_NAMESPACE -DQLALR_NO_QSCRIPTG
    3. RAMMAR_DEBUG_INFO -DQT_MAKEDLL -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_ASCII_CAST_WARNINGS -DQT_MOC_COMPAT -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -DBUILDING_QT__=1
    4. -DUSE_SYSTEM_MALLOC -DBUILDING_QT__ -DBUILDING_JavaScriptCore -DBUILDING_WTF -DENABLE_JIT=0 -DWTF_USE_JAVASCRIPTCORE_BINDINGS=1 -DWT
    5. F_CHANGES=1 -DNDEBUG -DJS_EXPORT= -DJS_EXPORTDATA= -DQT_DLL -DQT_CORE_LIB @tmp\moc\debug_shared/mocinclude.tmp -D_MSC_VER=1310 -DWIN
    6. 32 ..\3rdparty\javascriptcore\JavaScriptCore\wtf\qt\MainThreadQt.cpp -o tmp\moc\debug_shared\MainThreadQt.moc
    7. D:\Qt\2009.05-vc\qt\bin\moc.exe -DQT_SHARED -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DJSC=QTJSC -Djscyy
    8. parse=qtjscyyparse -Djscyylex=qtjscyylex -Djscyyerror=qtjscyyerror -DQT_BUILD_SCRIPT_LIB -DQT_NO_USING_NAMESPACE -DQLALR_NO_QSCRIPTG
    9. RAMMAR_DEBUG_INFO -DQT_MAKEDLL -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_ASCII_CAST_WARNINGS -DQT_MOC_COMPAT -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -DBUILDING_QT__=1
    10. -DUSE_SYSTEM_MALLOC -DBUILDING_QT__ -DBUILDING_JavaScriptCore -DBUILDING_WTF -DENABLE_JIT=0 -DWTF_USE_JAVASCRIPTCORE_BINDINGS=1 -DWT
    11. F_CHANGES=1 -DNDEBUG -DJS_EXPORT= -DJS_EXPORTDATA= -DQT_DLL -DQT_CORE_LIB @tmp\moc\debug_shared/mocinclude.tmp -D_MSC_VER=1310 -DWIN
    12. 32 api\qscriptengine.h -o tmp\moc\debug_shared\moc_qscriptengine.cpp
    13. D:\Qt\2009.05-vc\qt\bin\moc.exe -DQT_SHARED -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DJSC=QTJSC -Djscyy
    14. parse=qtjscyyparse -Djscyylex=qtjscyylex -Djscyyerror=qtjscyyerror -DQT_BUILD_SCRIPT_LIB -DQT_NO_USING_NAMESPACE -DQLALR_NO_QSCRIPTG
    15. RAMMAR_DEBUG_INFO -DQT_MAKEDLL -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_ASCII_CAST_WARNINGS -DQT_MOC_COMPAT -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -DBUILDING_QT__=1
    16. -DUSE_SYSTEM_MALLOC -DBUILDING_QT__ -DBUILDING_JavaScriptCore -DBUILDING_WTF -DENABLE_JIT=0 -DWTF_USE_JAVASCRIPTCORE_BINDINGS=1 -DWT
    17. F_CHANGES=1 -DNDEBUG -DJS_EXPORT= -DJS_EXPORTDATA= -DQT_DLL -DQT_CORE_LIB @tmp\moc\debug_shared/mocinclude.tmp -D_MSC_VER=1310 -DWIN
    18. 32 bridge\qscriptqobject_p.h -o tmp\moc\debug_shared\moc_qscriptqobject_p.cpp
    19. D:\Qt\2009.05-vc\qt\bin\moc.exe -DQT_SHARED -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DJSC=QTJSC -Djscyy
    20. parse=qtjscyyparse -Djscyylex=qtjscyylex -Djscyyerror=qtjscyyerror -DQT_BUILD_SCRIPT_LIB -DQT_NO_USING_NAMESPACE -DQLALR_NO_QSCRIPTG
    21. RAMMAR_DEBUG_INFO -DQT_MAKEDLL -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_ASCII_CAST_WARNINGS -DQT_MOC_COMPAT -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -DBUILDING_QT__=1
    22. -DUSE_SYSTEM_MALLOC -DBUILDING_QT__ -DBUILDING_JavaScriptCore -DBUILDING_WTF -DENABLE_JIT=0 -DWTF_USE_JAVASCRIPTCORE_BINDINGS=1 -DWT
    23. F_CHANGES=1 -DNDEBUG -DJS_EXPORT= -DJS_EXPORTDATA= -DQT_DLL -DQT_CORE_LIB @tmp\moc\debug_shared/mocinclude.tmp -D_MSC_VER=1310 -DWIN
    24. 32 api\qscriptextensionplugin.h -o tmp\moc\debug_shared\moc_qscriptextensionplugin.cpp
    25. api\qscriptextensionplugin.h(43): Error: Undefined interface
    26. NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'D:\Qt\2009.05-vc\qt\bin\moc.exe' : return code '0x1'

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt 4.6 - api\qscriptextensionplugin.h(43): Error: Undefined interface

I had the same problem on my first attempt to build the system.
    4.5.3 built for the win32 tools, so I reverted to wait for the build fix.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: Qt 4.6 - api\qscriptextensionplugin.h(43): Error: Undefined interface

Since when can you use opensource version with Visual Studio?
    Qt 5.3 Opensource & Creator 3.1.2

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoSan View Post
    Since when can you use opensource version with Visual Studio?
    Why should this not be working? In Qt 4.5 I have no problem.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Quote Originally Posted by barryhf View Post
    I had the same problem on my first attempt to build the system.
    4.5.3 built for the win32 tools, so I reverted to wait for the build fix.
    But now with 4.6 released this should work

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi,

I had the same problem building 4.6 (SDK 2009.05) with MinGW. I discovered that the source as shipped from Nokia contains generated files in tmp\moc. I did a brute-force removal of all such generated files (find . -path '*/tmp/moc/* -type f -exec rm {} \; in cygwin) and were able to successfully build afterwards (crossing fingers, it's building the examples now so I guess the src is good :-)

HTH,
    Tore

7. The following 2 users say thank you to toreo for this useful post:

doberkofler (7th December 2009), jml (25th March 2011)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Quote Originally Posted by toreo View Post
    Hi,

I had the same problem building 4.6 (SDK 2009.05) with MinGW. I discovered that the source as shipped from Nokia contains generated files in tmp\moc. I did a brute-force removal of all such generated files (find . -path '*/tmp/moc/* -type f -exec rm {} \; in cygwin) and were able to successfully build afterwards (crossing fingers, it's building the examples now so I guess the src is good :-)

HTH,
    Tore
    Thank you! This is it.

I've now been using:
    Qt Code:
    1. configure -debug-and-release -opensource -shared -no-qt3support -platform win32-msvc2003 -plugin-sql-oci
    and it works like a charm.

Hopefully (for all other Qt users) this will be fixed in the distribution.

-Dieter

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

to delete the src/script/tmp/moc/debug_shared/mocinclude.tmp
    and the same file in release_shared.
    then nmake it.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I had to modify this slightly to

find . -path '*/tmp/moc*' -type f -exec rm '{}' \;

Then it did the trick. Thanks!
    Jim L
    Seattle, WA

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android

I recommend everyone who need to build Qt to do yourself a favor and download the Qt framework source files and build that, it's the "cleaner" way and it never failed for me