QString includeFile() const;
QString name() const;
QString toolTip() const;
QString whatsThis() const;
QWidget * createWidget( QWidget * parent );
void initialize( QDesignerFormEditorInterface * core );
bool isInitialized() const;
bool isContainer() const;

I am including them all in one lib file though, and they are compiling from the same files. so i cant use Q_EXPORT_PLUGIN2() macro for each one

but there is this QDesignerCustomWidgetCollectionInterface class which im using which lets you do exactly that, include more than one customwidget in one lib, it says to use Q_EXPORT_PLUGIN2() only for the collection

i followed the instructions exactly..
i build it, it loads up in designer..
THE PROBLEM IS:

in qt3 it ignores all of the isContainer, includeFile name, tooltip, whatsThis, when writing out the .ui file
fortunately whatever the defaults it picks. work ok for most of my plugins when it uic's them and generates .h files and whatnot, they are ok, the includes somehow work anyway. and it doesnt set any container flag like it shouldnt (cause its not a container)

so qt3 designer ignores those methods, but whatever defaults it comes up with work anyway when it writes the .ui file and uic runs on them. (except for on one of my plugins..

on qt4 it also ignores them but comes up with lousier defaults, and writes them in the .ui file!!

it tries to include header files that dont exist, that i didnt put ANYWHERE!! (the plugin name in all lowercase with a .h, and with no path)

it also flags it as a container when its not

its very unusual and frustrating

so both qt3 and qt4 are doing it wrong, the qt3 by chance works for most of my plugins anyway, and the qt4 doesnt