My friend wysota, your suggestion seemed to work at first. I edited qtenv.bat from the binary installation, changing the value of the QTDIR variable and PATH variables, adding a line that automatically starts Qt Creator and saving the modified batch file elsewhere. Then, I started Qt Creator with this batch file and in the Version Management section of the Options dialog, it picked up the second Qt installation right from the PATH variable, it only needed to be told the path to MinGW.

Unfortunately, trying to build some of the projects inside the examples directory (.pro file edited to add a CONFIG += static line) , I had no luck with running the resulting executables. They always asked for some Qt dlls as dependencies. It's interesting though, that the dependency upon libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll, which is the first to come up in dynamically linked executables, was eliminated. Maybe it's because I ended up with a mixed build environment (Qt libs from one installation, GCC from another)? Right now, I'm starting from scratch for the second Qt installation dir, but this time with this download: ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-....6.1-mingw.exe and hoping for better results.

Seeing some screenshots here, I really wonder how these fellows did it. It's irksome, to say the least!