Default Compiling of Qt4.6 fails

Hi!

I tried to compile Qt4.6 on Ubuntu 9.10 AMD64

Qt Code:
    1. /opt/qtsdk/qt# ./configure -qt-sql-mysql
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

This is the error message:
    Qt Code:
    1. g++ -m64 -Wl,-rpath-link,/opt/qtsdk-2010.01/qt/lib -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.1/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.1/lib -o ../../../bin/assistant_adp .obj/release-shared/fontpanel.o .obj/release-shared/main.o .obj/release-shared/helpwindow.o .obj/release-shared/topicchooser.o .obj/release-shared/docuparser.o .obj/release-shared/index.o .obj/release-shared/profile.o .obj/release-shared/config.o .obj/release-shared/helpdialog.o .obj/release-shared/mainwindow.o .obj/release-shared/tabbedbrowser.o .obj/release-shared/fontsettingsdialog.o .obj/release-shared/moc_fontpanel.o .obj/release-shared/moc_helpwindow.o .obj/release-shared/moc_topicchooser.o .obj/release-shared/moc_index.o .obj/release-shared/moc_helpdialog.o .obj/release-shared/moc_mainwindow.o .obj/release-shared/moc_tabbedbrowser.o .obj/release-shared/moc_fontsettingsdialog.o .obj/release-shared/qrc_assistant.o -L/opt/qtsdk-2010.01/qt/lib -lz -lQtXml -L/opt/qtsdk-2010.01/qt/lib -lQtGui -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lQtNetwork -lQtCore -lpthread
    2. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `HelpWindowAdaptor::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)':
    3. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/.moc/release-shared/main.moc:82: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)'
    4. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `QDBusObjectPath':
    5. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/../../../include/QtDBus/qdbusextratypes.h:89: undefined reference to `QDBusObjectPath::check()'
    6. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `HelpWindowAdaptor':
    7. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:85: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::QDBusAbstractAdaptor(QObject*)'
    8. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:87: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::setAutoRelaySignals(bool)'
    9. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `AssistantAdaptor::pathForBrowser(HelpWindow*)':
    10. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:151: undefined reference to `QDBusConnection::sessionBus()'
    11. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:151: undefined reference to `QDBusConnection::registerObject(QString const&, QObject*, QFlags<QDBusConnection::RegisterOption>)'
    12. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:151: undefined reference to `QDBusConnection::~QDBusConnection()'
    13. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:151: undefined reference to `QDBusConnection::~QDBusConnection()'
    14. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `HelpWindowAdaptor':
    15. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:88: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::~QDBusAbstractAdaptor()'
    16. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `AssistantAdaptor':
    17. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:110: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::QDBusAbstractAdaptor(QObject*)'
    18. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:112: undefined reference to `QDBusConnection::sessionBus()'
    19. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:113: undefined reference to `QDBusConnection::registerService(QString const&)'
    20. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:114: undefined reference to `QDBusConnection::registerObject(QString const&, QObject*, QFlags<QDBusConnection::RegisterOption>)'
    21. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:114: undefined reference to `QDBusConnection::~QDBusConnection()'
    22. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:115: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::~QDBusAbstractAdaptor()'
    23. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:114: undefined reference to `QDBusConnection::~QDBusConnection()'
    24. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `AssistantAdaptor::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)':
    25. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/.moc/release-shared/main.moc:183: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)'
    26. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `QDBusObjectPath::operator=(QDBusObjectPath const&)':
    27. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/../../../include/QtDBus/qdbusextratypes.h:92: undefined reference to `QDBusObjectPath::check()'
    28. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/../../../include/QtDBus/qdbusextratypes.h:92: undefined reference to `QDBusObjectPath::check()'
    29. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `AssistantAdaptor::qt_metacast(char const*)':
    30. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/.moc/release-shared/main.moc:178: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::qt_metacast(char const*)'
    31. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `HelpWindowAdaptor::qt_metacast(char const*)':
    32. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/.moc/release-shared/main.moc:77: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::qt_metacast(char const*)'
    33. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `~HelpWindowAdaptor':
    34. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:78: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::~QDBusAbstractAdaptor()'
    35. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `~AssistantAdaptor':
    36. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:105: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::~QDBusAbstractAdaptor()'
    37. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `~HelpWindowAdaptor':
    38. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:78: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::~QDBusAbstractAdaptor()'
    39. .obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `~AssistantAdaptor':
    40. /opt/qtsdk/qt/tools/assistant/compat/main.cpp:105: undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::~QDBusAbstractAdaptor()'
    41. .obj/release-shared/main.o:(.rodata+0x40): undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::staticMetaObject'
    42. .obj/release-shared/main.o:(.rodata+0x60): undefined reference to `QDBusAbstractAdaptor::staticMetaObject'
    43. .obj/release-shared/main.o:(.rodata._ZTI16AssistantAdaptor[typeinfo for AssistantAdaptor]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for QDBusAbstractAdaptor'
    44. .obj/release-shared/main.o:(.rodata._ZTI17HelpWindowAdaptor[typeinfo for HelpWindowAdaptor]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for QDBusAbstractAdaptor'
    45. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    46. make[3]: *** [../../../bin/assistant_adp] Error 1
    47. make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/qtsdk-2010.01/qt/tools/assistant/compat'
    48. make[2]: *** [sub-compat-make_default-ordered] Error 2
    49. make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/qtsdk-2010.01/qt/tools/assistant'
    50. make[1]: *** [sub-assistant-make_default-ordered] Error 2
    51. make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/qtsdk-2010.01/qt/tools'
    52. make: *** [sub-tools-make_default-ordered] Error 2

My compiler version:

Qt Code:
    1. /opt/qtsdk/qt# g++ --version
    2. g++ (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu9) 4.4.1
    3. Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    4. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
    5. warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Can somebody help me?

Greetings,
    Wonko

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Compiling of Qt4.6 fails

have you tried to do a distclean? I'm currently doing a configure on windows - I'll try on linux next.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by schnitzel View Post
    have you tried to do a distclean?
    Yes. It also fails.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I can confirm this error is also occurring during my compile, under the same configuration, with the exception that I'm compiling Qt 4.6.1, and am using Ubuntu Server 9.10 32-bit. I've encountered a few errors like this while compiling, and most of the time the issue is resolved by installing the appropriate dependency libraries. I thought it might be requiring the libdbus dev files be present, but installing then did not alleviate the problem.

I also noticed that this error is thrown while processing a specific .h file. Unfortunately, I don't remember which, and I'm currently running make after a distclean, so the info is gone. If it fails again, I will look back and see which file is causing the issue.
    Last edited by TheJim01; 10th February 2010 at 17:19.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

After installing libdbus-1-dev, libdbus-1-qt3 and libdbus-1-qt3-dev, then performing a distclean, everything compiled and installed without a hitch. Let us know how you make out after installing those libraries.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by TheJim01 View Post
    After installing libdbus-1-dev, libdbus-1-qt3 and libdbus-1-qt3-dev, then performing a distclean, everything compiled and installed without a hitch.
    That's it! Thank you!

libdbus-1-dev was installed, but I didn't thought that I need the *-qt3 stuff.