Thread: Bug in Qt 4.6.2?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Bug in Qt 4.6.2?

Hello.

I have small application code, which demonstrates difference between running this program on Windows and Linux.

On Linux - Qt 4.6.2(correct behavior):
    1) run program,
    2) click right mouse button on "Data" row in table - context menu will show up,
    3) click left mouse button(not in context menu) on "Data" row in table - context menu will hide

On Windows XP - Qt 4.6.2(wrong behavior):
    1) run program,
    2) click right mouse button on "Data" row in table - context menu will show up,
    3) click left mouse button(not in context menu) on "Data" row in table - context menu will hide
    - QMessageBox will show up.

Working app(source code) is in attachment.

Is this bug in Qt 4.6.2?
    How can I fix this in my app?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lukass; 25th February 2010 at 14:03.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Bug in Qt 4.6.2?

How do you know this is not a system policy that on Windows such mouse events are not discarded? From what I remember (I might be wrong though) that's exactly what is expected. How did 4.6.1 behave in this situation, have you checked this?
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I expect the "wrong behaviour" - if I click somewhere, I expect the context menu to disappear AND for it to process the click. The same as when clicking in a window to activate it - I want the window to active AND for the application to process the click (If I didn't want it to process the click, I wouldn't be clicking in the window in the first place)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by wysota View Post
    How do you know this is not a system policy that on Windows such mouse events are not discarded? From what I remember (I might be wrong though) that's exactly what is expected.
    I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by wysota View Post
    How did 4.6.1 behave in this situation, have you checked this?
    1) I compiled this program with qt 4.6.1 on Linux and I tested on KDEmod 3.5.10 and without DE(only X and my program), result: same "correct behavior".
    2) I compiled this program with qt 4.6.1 on Windows XP SP3 and I tested on that Windows and on other computer with Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, result: same "wrong behavior".

Quote Originally Posted by fatjuicymole View Post
    I expect the "wrong behaviour" - if I click somewhere, I expect the context menu to disappear AND for it to process the click. The same as when clicking in a window to activate it - I want the window to active AND for the application to process the click (If I didn't want it to process the click, I wouldn't be clicking in the window in the first place)
    Maybe you're right, but I want in this program "correct behavior" on Windows. IMHO "correct behavior" is more acceptable.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

then you'll need to code it yourself

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Or file a complaint to Redmond
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.