Thread: Removing antialiasing on Linux ARM9

Qt products
    Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Removing antialiasing on Linux ARM9

I am using Qt Embedded 4.5.2 on an ARM9 platform running Linux with a small grayscale LCD screen. I am using QWS on this platform with no X11 support. I am having an issue turning off antialiasing for the lines and fonts on the screen. The antialiasing looks bad on this particular display and needs to be removed. I have tried turning it off in Qt Creator under the Font attributes. I've checked the .ui file and the .h file that is created and throughout the file is the text "NoAntialias." However, the lines and fonts are still antialiased. Is there a higher level attribute that needs to be set that's overriding my options? Is there a configuration for QWS that needs to be set to not antialias? Is there a way that I can compile out support for antialiasing completely to save space? Thanks for your help.

Clif
    Last edited by CBQt; 24th August 2009 at 15:21.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Removing antialiasing on Linux ARM9

Hi Clif,
    I am also having similar sort of problem, I want to use non-Antialias fonts when using QWS but have no luck yet to find any solution. I tried to use qpf2 which I generated on my x11 using Qt/tools/makepf tool but seems like these qpf2 fonts are also antialiased.
    Can you please share how did you solve this issue.

Regards
    Efan