Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QIde, a new IDE for Qt4

Hi,
    The version 0.19 is released on http://qide.free.fr :

Corrections:
    - The code is entirely translated in English, variables, function names and file names.
    - Improvement of completion, much faster (5 or 6 times). An improved code increases its reliability. Thanks to Frederic Julian
    - The location of qmake is determined in this order:

1. Read in INI file the lasted saved location. If it not saved, use : QLibraryInfo::location( QLibraryInfo::BinariesPath )+"/qmake";
    2. Test if the location finded on 1 is good, otherwise display a dialog for choose qmake location

In options dialog, it is possible to change the location of qmake anytime.

Adds:
    - The classes explorer to navigate into classes and members. By right-click, each item can display the two files of a member or function: implementation and declaration. The double-click shows the implementation if available. The items are updated in real time when the text in editor is modified and the interval between two updates can be configured in options dialog. This new feature require ctags.
    - The project QIde is now a single project without plugin projects (dockplugin, lineedithistoplugin and treeprojectplugin), not requires to build the application.
    - On close, "Replace" and "Find in files" dialogs saves their options to reuse on next showing.
    - Menu "Debug | Parameters" to configure the arguments of program, his working directory and environment variables.
    - Menu "Debug | Calls Stack" to show all functions called. Is equivalent to the 'backtrace' gdb command. In the dialog, when a line is activated, the file is opened on good line.
    QDevelop, an complete Integrated Development Environment for Qt 4: http://qdevelop.org

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I like how this project is coming along, good work keep it up!
    There is a feature I would like to suggest:
    Could you add the options "copy" and "relative path" to the "add existing files" feature?
    This way when one ports projects from say, KDevelop, it wont be necessary to copy all the files first and then create the project in QIde, but it will be possible to do it directly (like KDevelop does it).
    The class view is an important feature for me, and from now on, I think QIde will become my ide under windows.
    EDIT: well, not just yet I'm afraid.
    I tested it with QIde generated test project, and there it looked ok.
    But when I try to use a real project, then there are still quite a lot of things to work on
    - Imported class do not show in the class view.
    At first I thought this has to do with the fact my sources are divided in subdirectories.
    But even after I "flattened" the project to be in the root project folder, the the imported classes still don't show on the class view.
    - Sub folders are snot supported - all files must be in the root project - this HAS to change if QIde is to be a usable ide for real world coding.
    - Some basic features for the pro file configuration are missing: it should be possible to add external libs, lib paths and external include paths (I' know, this is possible through the "free CONFIG command" line, but these two featuers should have their own interface since they are very common to use.
    - As long as the pro config option offered by QIde are limited, I'd say it would be good if you'd add a "open pro file in editor", so that one could edit the pro file directly.
    If I try to open a the pro file with File->open then I get a blank edit window...?
    Oh I see, it thinks I am opening a project.. - this makes the "open pro file for edit" option even more important.
    - It would be nice if QIde could remember the default project folder, under which all my projects are, and not open under "documents and settings".
    - the "free CONFIG command" option is not working well, its messing the pro file totally.

Never the less, this project looks promising.

Cheers.
    Last edited by high_flyer; 27th September 2006 at 12:12.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

miscompiles here (qt42 rsync)
    src/textEdit.cpp:846: warning: ‘linesAdded’ may be used uninitialized in this function
    g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtUiTools -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtCore -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtCore -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtGui -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtGui -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtXml -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtXml -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include -I. -Isrc -Isrc/ui -Ibuild/moc -Ibuild/ui -o build/o/unix/treeproject.o src/treeproject.cpp
    src/treeproject.cpp: In member function ‘void TreeProject::slotShowAsNormal()’:
    src/treeproject.cpp:251: error: expected `;' before ‘}’ token
    src/treeproject.cpp: In member function ‘void TreeProject::slotShowAsKrawek()’:
    src/treeproject.cpp:265: error: expected `;' before ‘}’ token
    make: *** [build/o/unix/treeproject.o] Error 1
    Last edited by jacek; 27th September 2006 at 18:34. Reason: changed [ code ] to [ quote ] to allow wrapping

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Imported class do not show in the class view.
    No, subdirs are well supported. The problem I think is a sub-project name identical to the main project name. No? If it is that I work there.

external libs, lib paths and external include paths can be added in options dialog by create a new variable in variables tab.

Opening a project file on text editor is not the solution, QIde must understand and create all project files.

Elcuco : I forgot “;” after setAnimated (false), put it.
    QDevelop, an complete Integrated Development Environment for Qt 4: http://qdevelop.org

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

The problem of tree classes is solved I think and of ";" after setAnimated. On download section, I put the lasted development version 0.20. It is unstable (though) but contains the corrections.
    Last edited by jlbrd; 28th September 2006 at 08:18.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by jlbrd View Post
    No, subdirs are well supported. The problem I think is a sub-project name identical to the main project name. No? If it is that I work there.
    No the name is not identical.
    I just tried it under linux, there it works fine.
    I guess this has to do with the fact its under windows.
    Maybe an issue withe the way the path notation is handeled under windows?
    external libs, lib paths and external include paths can be added in options dialog by create a new variable in variables tab.
    I know, I also said that in my comments.
    But when I have 10 various lib locations, and include locations, and I need to add manually INCLUDEPATH += and the libs path in the pro config line, then the pro config dialog prety much misses its use (in my oppinion).
    But the problem is that the config dialog is messing up the pro file - see attached.
    In the attached pro file I added INCLUDEPATH = /some/path/to/test.
    See how it was saved.
    Opening a project file on text editor is not the solution, QIde must understand and create all project files.
    Agreed, but as long as its not the situation (i.e configuration through QIde is not working well) it should be possible to edit the pro file directly, as a file in QIde.
    Last edited by high_flyer; 28th September 2006 at 11:01.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I forgot the attachment in the last post..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Can you send me your project here or by mail for find and correct the problem?

For INCLUDEPATH is your project file : I tested and no problem for me. I loaded the project and after I added the variable as on screenshot. After saving the content of file is good. With a second variable added no problem too.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Can you send me your project here or by mail for find and correct the problem of classes explorer?

For INCLUDEPATH in your project file : I tested and no problem for me. I loaded the project and after I added the variable as on screenshot. After saving the content of file is good. With a second variable added no problem too.

Last edited by jlbrd; 28th September 2006 at 17:20.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Ok, thanks for that, I see where I did things wrong.
    Instead of using the variables tab, I entered the the INCLUDEPATH line (i.e INCLUDEPATH = /some/path) in the "free CONFIG variables".
    If I had thought about it a bit more I should have known what is meant by that line.
    But if I made that mistake others could do it as well.
    Maybe you should rename it to "additional CONFIG options" (just a suggestion).

I still think that you should add the following tabs to the project config dialog:
    includes,libraries (where the libraries tab should be split to 'libs' and 'lib paths').
    These two tabs will allow the user to select the paths instead of entering them manually.
    I would add them my self, but I just don't have the time at the moment.
    It is true, that this is redundant, since you can do that via tha variables tab.
    But include paths, libs, and lib paths are used in every project, and they demand that you search the locations and then type them (or copy paste) which is tedious or prone to typos.
    That is why other IDES offer that, including KDevelop.
    Other pro file variables are not so common, and for these the Variables tab is good.
    Last edited by high_flyer; 28th September 2006 at 17:41.