Thread: QT + VS Addin, Problems with "generated files" folder. Moc results unavailable anymor

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default QT + VS Addin, Problems with "generated files" folder. Moc results unavailable anymor

I've just had some problems which forced me to delete my "generated files" filter in Visual Studio. Now all moc'ed files won't appear inside visual studio anymore after/during compilation/moccing.

In fact, the compilation will not work at all without tweaking, spend almost an hour on that now.
    Usually VS knew about that generated files an compiled all contentes before linking but now VS seems to be clueless about the moc'ed cpp files and deliver a lot of unresolved external errors on metaobject things that are creating in the moccing proccedure.

I can get my project to build my manually adding the "generated files" folder and its contents to the project, but that's definately not as i'd like it to have.

Does anyone know how i can restore the default behaviour?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: QT + VS Addin, Problems with "generated files" folder. Moc results unavailable an

If the GeneratedFiles don't auto add to the Visual Studio project do the following

1. Delete all GeneratedFiles in VisualStudio and in explorer
    2. Comment the line Q_Object() of the .h file
    3. Compile
    4. Uncomment the Q_Object() line
    5. Compile again the file should appear in the solution
    6. For the resources and ui files just remove then from project and readd them the GeneratedFiles will appear.

Hope it helps you