Thread: Qt multimedia on Linux (pulseaudio)

Thanks
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Qt multimedia on Linux (pulseaudio)

Hello

Anyone positive experiences with Qt multimedia on Linux? In my case (fedora-12, both 32 and 64) the
    most simple examples fail, while the same time they work perfectly under mingw/msys (vista and W7).

I do get alsa related crashes.
    best
    jan

Default Re: Qt multimedia on Linux (pulseaudio)

Hi Jan, I have had some success using Phonon with PyQt 4.6, Qt 4.5.2, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit. No crashes so far playing OGG files.

Thanks
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Thanx

My application uses the low level Qt multimedia, i.e. th soundcard. I do read a stream of samples, do some processing then (filtering, spectrum etc). I have the application using portaudio, which gives problems on Linux (interfacing to alsa). Under windows it works fine.
    Recently someone suggested he use of the low level features of Qt multimedia (i.e. audiodevice ...), There are some elementary examples such as
    getting a devicelist, which I started with.
    Again, under windows (both vista and w7) it works fine, under Linux (fedora 12 both 32 and 64 bits) it seems to be impossible for me) to
    run the elementary examples (audiodeviceinfo examples) , since they result in a crash apparantly in alsa (using the latest version).

so, one could say, I am in need of help

best
    jan

Thanks
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by janK View Post
    Thanx

My application uses the low level Qt multimedia, i.e. th soundcard. I do read a stream of samples, do some processing then (filtering, spectrum etc). I have the application using portaudio, which gives problems on Linux (interfacing to alsa). Under windows it works fine.
    Recently someone suggested he use of the low level features of Qt multimedia (i.e. audiodevice ...), There are some elementary examples such as
    getting a devicelist, which I started with.
    Again, under windows (both vista and w7) it works fine, under Linux (fedora 12 both 32 and 64 bits) it seems to be impossible for me) to
    run the elementary examples (audiodeviceinfo examples) , since they result in a crash apparantly in alsa (using the latest version).

so, one could say, I am in need of help

best
    jan
    To be more specific: on opening the default input device, a crash occurs in alsa.