Thread: Qt 4.6 mingw, windows xp, no gui (backgorund image) on another computer

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Qt 4.6 mingw, windows xp, no gui (backgorund image) on another computer

Compiled with QtCreator 1.3,
    mingwm10.dll
    libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
    QtGui4.dll
    QtCore4.dll

Aplication runs fine, but there is no background image on it when I run it on another computer using windows xp (I also compiled it on windows xp)
    image is added using gui tools in qt, I can load it using just code but I'm not sure that's the problem
    on my computer of course runs fine,
    dependency walker doesn't say nothing special, dwmapi.dll missing, Shlwapi.dll throws some errors, both downloaded and added but no cigar

any idea?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt 4.6 mingw, windows xp, no gui (backgorund image) on another computer

What is format of this image ? Some graphic formats needs plugins. Look for them in
    QTDIR\plugind\imageformats

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt 4.6 mingw, windows xp, no gui (backgorund image) on another computer

Yeah, you're right, totally forgot about that...aaahhh...libharu needs libpng.dll so I've used jpeg, that tricked me into thinking qt has the same requirement, but it was jpeg who has a problem...
    thanks!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

To see what dlls your program is reading from Qt, use fileMon - a tool from System Internals. So first download that tool from here.

Start fileMon, and add a filter that will show you only the reads and writes of your .exe.

The name of the exe that is written in Qt is spain3.exe. Because Qt is installed on disk D:\ on my pc, i don't want to see the I/0 made on C:\, also by highlighting the paths that contain Qt i am able to quicky see what files are read from my Qt library. Press on OK to start fileMon, and then start your exe, in my case spain3.exe. After that fileMon will list the I/0 made on every file that is contained with the filter, you can see what dlls are read by your program.

filemon2.jpg

For deployment, in my case if the folder of the exe is c:\program, then i need to copy c:\program\sqldrivers\qsqlite4.dll, then c:\program\imageformats\(qico4.dll, qgif4.dll, qjpeg4.dll and the rest)...
    Attached Images Attached Images