[please forgive the cross-post. i wrote the other before realizing that the forum isn't very active.]

I start work next week on a small team doing embedded Qt development. The project has been in development for a while so I'm coming in pretty late in the game and I need to be able to hit the ground running. I want to do all my embedded Qt work for this project on my Mac.

There is an article by Harald Fernengel that doesn't just suggest but actually demonstrates that this has been doable since at least 2007:

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2007...mming-on-os-x/

However, he does not explain how he did it. Only that he applied "a few patches."

The blog entry is too old to post to, so I'm asking in here....

How is this done?

I have been trying to force it to work for the last 2 days, but have gotten essentially nowhere.

Can someone please explain specifically what has to be patched to make this work. Harald's example is specifically about the qvfb framebuffer app, which would be handy of course, but I'm really hoping that the same steps can be translated into making the final device cross-compile setup work as well. I haven't been given any details yet about the device itself (screen size, processor, ...), but I just need to know how it's done so that on day #1, I'll already have the qvfb setup installed and working, and I'll be able to quickly get the device-specific cross compilation setup working.

Thanks.

Chuck