Thread: two questions

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default two questions

I'm using QSyntaxHighlighter (surprise surprise), and i am having two problems (so far..)

1. i want to differentiate a function call from a function declaration . i used the example in the documentation and it doesn't differ the two (since it function as letter/digits followed by (). i need to set it to also require a set of letters/digits before the first set). what would be the RegExp for that?

2. i want to insert a tab character (for instance) in the beginning of the line on certain occasions from the highlightBlock. i tried to append a string to currentBlock.text but it didn't really do anything..

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: two questions

Quote Originally Posted by jajdoo View Post
    i want to differentiate a function call from a function declaration . i used the example in the documentation and it doesn't differ the two (since it function as letter/digits followed by (). i need to set it to also require a set of letters/digits before the first set). what would be the RegExp for that?
    Why would you want to do that? Anyway, you should probably come up with the regexp yourself...
    Last edited by franz; 18th July 2010 at 19:23.
    Horse sense is the thing that keeps horses from betting on people. --W.C. Fields

Ask Smart Questions

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

err.. right...

so can someone help with appending some text at the beginning/end of a text block?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

A function declaration contains a return type and, if there are arguments, it contains types as arguments. A function call returns an instance of a type, and is passed instances of types as its arguments, if any.

You need to build an actual parser with a symbol table to differentiate between these effectively. There is no bulletproof way to accomplish this with regular expressions, since C++ allows the user to declare their own types.

This assumes you're trying to highlight C++. Other languages may differ in various ways.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by jajdoo View Post
    so can someone help with appending some text at the beginning/end of a text block?
    Sure. What did you try before?
    Horse sense is the thing that keeps horses from betting on people. --W.C. Fields

Ask Smart Questions

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

i decided to try and +1 BlockState per '{' and -1 it per '}' in order to indent the code appropriately(much like the multi-line comment in the code editor example), but couldn't find how/where to insert the tabs in the beginning of the block..

tried append a string to currentBlock.text but couldn't find where to "put it back in" (as it isn't a reference it seems)
    Last edited by jajdoo; 18th July 2010 at 21:23.