Thread: Getting Qwt plugins in Qt Creator--in debug mode

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Getting Qwt plugins in Qt Creator--in debug mode

Hi,

I'm in the position of the OP of this fairly recent thread (http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/3223...ht=Qwt+plugins), namely I've gotten Qwt widgets to show up in Qt Designer, but I would like to be able to access them in Qt Creator. I can also compile and run Qwt examples from Creator, as well as my own little demo programs. I'm doing this in debug mode, having built qwt in both modes by modifying qwtconfig.pri accordingly. And sadly, trying to do my development in release mode is not a good option for me.

However, Creator is not seeing the Qwt widgets. I've put qwt_designer_plugin*.dll in C:\Qt\2010.02\qt\plugins\designer with the rest of the designer widget dlls, and put qwt5 and qwtd5 in qt/bin, but the widgets aren't visible. This is really my first time trying to work with plugins--can anyone give me a hand? Thank you--

Matt

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Getting Qwt plugins in Qt Creator--in debug mode

On Windows Qwt library, plugin and the application loading the plugin ( here the Creator ) need to built in the same mode. So rebuild the Creator in debug mode or use a better operating system without these pointless limitations.

Uwe

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

I did built Qt in debug mode--at least, in the debugger I am able to step through Qt source, which I presume implies that. NB I'm using Qt 4.6.2 in Windows 7, didn't mention that earlier.

Matt
    Last edited by MattPhillips; 8th August 2010 at 16:15.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

And what about the Creator - did you build it yourself in debug mode ? Also don't forget about setting your PATH variable.

Uwe

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Hi Uwe,

I built Qt from the binary, so since Qt in general is in debug mode I presume Qt Creator is too? I looked around for a config file with that information but I couldn't find it--the configure file in the main Qt directory didn't have it. As for the PATH variable, how should it be set? I have the dlls in the same directory as the other widget dlls, so it sems like that can't be the issue although I'm no expert. Also, as a test I removed the dll for another widget, QWebView, from the qt/\plugins\designer folder. It still showed up in QtCreator when I reloaded it. So it looks like Qt Creator needs to be rebuilt. Do you know how to do this? I couldn't find a .pro file or even the source in the qt directory, evidently its status is different from designer, assistant, etc.--it has no associated folder in qt/tools.

Best,
    Matt