Hi, I am trying to build qt on opensolaris... have posted similar question to some other forums but no luck.

I am aware that there are packages on blastwave and that some older packages should install ok but I am trying 4.6.3 and beta of 4.7.

Now, I am getting the following error regardless of target and version of qt I try (cc, cc stlport, g++, 4.6.3 or 4.7)

g++ I have is 4.3.2 and Sun compiler is 5.10 i386 128229-02

Qt Code:
  1. mv -f libQtCore.so.4.7.0 libQtCore.so libQtCore.so.4 libQtCore.so.4.7 ../../lib/
  2. (test -z "../../lib/" || cd "../../lib/" ; targ=`basename libQtCore.so.4.7.0`; objcopy --only-keep-debug "$targ" "$targ.debug" && objcopy --strip-debug "$targ" && objcopy --add-gnu-debuglink="$targ.debug" "$targ" && chmod -x "$targ.debug" ) ;
  3. BFD: starayVK: Not enough room for program headers, try linking with -N
  4. objcopy: starayVK: Bad value
  5. BFD: starayVK: Not enough room for program headers, try linking with -N
  6. objcopy: starayVK: Bad value
  7. gmake[1]: *** [../../lib/libQtCore.so.4.7.0] Error 1
  8. gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/rastko/development/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-beta2/src/corelib'
  9. gmake: *** [sub-corelib-make_default-ordered] Error 2
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

(Mentioned linking with -N wasn't helpful at all)

What is interesting, once it failed with same error on QtNetwork library and other time on QtCore as you can see above.

For configure script I've supplied following: -no-webkit -no-script -nomake demos -nomake examples -target /path/to/mkspec/for/solaris/cc/

Has anyone succeeded in building any recent qt on opensolaris? Perhaps you could share your experience?

Any help/info/suggestion/advice is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks