Thread: Create project release build using Qt Static and QSerialDevice as a staticlib

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default Create project release build using Qt Static and QSerialDevice as a staticlib

During development of my project i used the shared lib version of Qt (2010.02.1/ 4.6.2) together with the QSerialDevice v0.2.0 library (build as a staticlib using a default "BuildIntegratedLibrary.pro"). I could create debug and release builds which had the QSerialDevice lib included in the .exe and only needed mingwm10.dll and various Qt dll's to run.

My OS: Win7 x64.

Now am trying to create a release build of my project which only depends on mingwm10.dll.

I have successfully created a static version of Qt (2010.02.1/ 4.6.2) (When i use QtCreator to create a new Qt GUI Application project and create a release build using this static qt version a nice 9.089KB untitled.exe is built). I used this Qt configuration:
    Qt Code:
    1. cflags: -O2
    2. Qt configuration:
    3. -release -nomake examples -nomake demos -platform win32-g++
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

When i add the QSerialDevice lib to this simple test project:
    Qt Code:
    1. QT += core gui
    3. TARGET = untitled
    4. TEMPLATE = app
    6. CONFIG += static
    8. win32 {
    9. QMAKE_LFLAGS += -static-libgcc
    10. }
    12. SOURCES += main.cpp\
    13. mainwindow.cpp
    14. HEADERS += mainwindow.h
    15. FORMS += mainwindow.ui
    17. INCLUDEPATH = D:\src\qserialdevice.git\qserialdevice D:\src\qserialdevice.git\qserialdevicewatcher
    18. QMAKE_LIBDIR += D:\src\qserialdevice.git\build\lib\qintegratedserialdevice\release
    20. LIBS += -lqserialdevice

And start using the QSerialDevice classes in my code and then create a static release build. The build will fail. QtCreator will show a Build Issue: "collect2: Id returned 1 exit status". And the compile output will show a whole lot of "undefined references":

Snippet:
    Qt Code:
    1. d:\src\qserialdevice.git\build\lib\qintegratedserialdevice\release/libqserialdevice.a(abstractserial.o):abstractserial.cpp:(.text+0x22): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8QMapData11shared_nullE'
    2. d:\src\qserialdevice.git\build\lib\qintegratedserialdevice\release/libqserialdevice.a(abstractserial.o):abstractserial.cpp:(.text+0x7e): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8QMapData11shared_nullE'
    3. d:\src\qserialdevice.git\build\lib\qintegratedserialdevice\release/libqserialdevice.a(abstractserial.o):abstractserial.cpp:(.text+0x18c): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7QString11shared_nullE'
    4. d:\src\qserialdevice.git\build\lib\qintegratedserialdevice\release/libqserialdevice.a(abstractserial.o):abstractserial.cpp:(.text+0x290): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7QString11shared_nullE'
    5. d:\src\qserialdevice.git\build\lib\qintegratedserialdevice\release/libqserialdevice.a(abstractserial.o):abstractserial.cpp:(.text+0x394): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7QString11shared_nullE'
    6. d:\src\qserialdevice.git\build\lib\qintegratedserialdevice\release/libqserialdevice.a(abstractserial.o):abstractserial.cpp:(.text+0x498): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7QString11shared_nullE'
    7. d:\src\qserialdevice.git\build\lib\qintegratedserialdevice\release/libqserialdevice.a(abstractserial.o):abstractserial.cpp:(.text+0x646): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7QString11shared_nullE'

Is there a configuration option i missed in my .pro file which is needed to statically build your project using a static version of qt and a third party static library?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default Re: Create project release build using Qt Static and QSerialDevice as a staticlib

Gah, re-compiling QSerialDevice using my static version of Qt has fixed my undefined references.