Hi,

first of all I hope you can help me solving my problems or my short look at QT will be over very soon.
In the past I've written my programs in Delphi. Now I want to have a look in C++ and the best and easiest way which I've found was QT, cause it's free

After Installation I started the Creator, just to create a new blank project and tried to start it. But there the problems begin. If I create a new project, there are 2 problems:

1.) If I save the project on another disc (Installed on C: - Project saved on D, the Makefile gets 'corrupted', so there isn't any drive letter like c:/programs/... etc., there is everything which leads to my installation path like

Volume{Volume-ID}/path/to/qt

So the compiler can't find anything he needs. If I change the paths by hand, it just resolves to my second problem.

2.) For the second problem, I solved the issue above with just creating the project on the same disc device. There is no problem with the Makefile, but the compile didn't complete also, because of error message during the whole source. Just to remember: I've changed nothing, just created a new project.

The first error is one that belongs to non existant file "ui_mainwindow.h". If I create it, the following errors are the same, I only get fixed this one (even if it's empty).

Running build steps for project untitled1...

Starting: "c:/programme/qt/qt/bin/qmake.exe" C:/Programme/QT/qt/untitled1/untitled1.pro -r -spec win32-g++

debug_and_release.prf:1: Unknown test function: addExclusiveBuilds

The process "c:/programme/qt/qt/bin/qmake.exe" exited normally.

Starting: "C:/Programme/QT/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" -w

mingw32-make: Entering directory `C:/Programme/QT/qt/untitled1-build-desktop'

g++ -c -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"..\include\QtCore" -I"..\include\QtGui" -I"..\include" -I"..\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\debug_shared" -I"c:\Programme\QT\qt\untitled1-build-desktop" -I"c:\Programme\QT\qt\mkspecs\win32-g++" -o tmp\obj\debug_shared\main.o ..\untitled1\main.cpp

g++ -c -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"..\include\QtCore" -I"..\include\QtGui" -I"..\include" -I"..\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\debug_shared" -I"c:\Programme\QT\qt\untitled1-build-desktop" -I"c:\Programme\QT\qt\mkspecs\win32-g++" -o tmp\obj\debug_shared\mainwindow.o ..\untitled1\mainwindow.cpp

..\untitled1\mainwindow.cpp:2:27: error: ui_mainwindow.h: No such file or directory

..\untitled1\mainwindow.cpp: In constructor 'MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget*)':

..\untitled1\mainwindow.cpp:6: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct Ui::MainWindow'

..\untitled1\/mainwindow.h:7: error: forward declaration of 'struct Ui::MainWindow'

..\untitled1\mainwindow.cpp:8: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct Ui::MainWindow'

..\untitled1\/mainwindow.h:7: error: forward declaration of 'struct Ui::MainWindow'

..\untitled1\mainwindow.cpp: In destructor 'virtual MainWindow::~MainWindow()':

..\untitled1\mainwindow.cpp:13: warning: possible problem detected in invocation of delete operator:

..\untitled1\mainwindow.cpp:13: warning: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct Ui::MainWindow'

..\untitled1\/mainwindow.h:7: warning: forward declaration of 'struct Ui::MainWindow'

..\untitled1\mainwindow.cpp:13: note: neither the destructor nor the class-specific operator delete will be called, even if they are declared when the class is defined.

mingw32-make: Leaving directory `C:/Programme/QT/qt/untitled1-build-desktop'

mingw32-make: *** [tmp/obj/debug_shared/mainwindow.o] Error 1

The process "C:/Programme/QT/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" exited with code %2.

Error while building project untitled1 (target: Desktop)

When executing build step 'Make'
I'm quite new to C++ so I can't 'fix' this easy, just in fact, that I didn't changed anything and I just thought that a blank new project will start without any problems... I guess there is something wrong with my Installation, but I can't find a reason to prove this.

Just to let you know about my environment:

I've installed a Virtual Machine using VMWare. The OS is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 with all the latest Updates. I have 3 Virtual Discs, Disc 1 is C:, Disc 2 is D: and Disc 3 is a NTFS Folder at C:\Programme in which I have installed QT.

I hope anyone could give me a hint how I can solve this issues, just to have a clean start and try to learn some basics and maybe write my first apps If there are any open questions, just ask.