Thread: Qt 4.6.x not working with Tslib

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Qt 4.6.x not working with Tslib

Hi All,

I had a setup wherein the Qt-4.5.1 and tslib-1.0 were installed properly in my ubuntu machine. Qt was integrated with eclipse IDE and I was able to develop applications and port it to my Blackfin board with uClinux as OS. The application was working fine in the target. To create a rich UI with animation, I downloaded and installed Qt-4.6.2 in my machine. I was able to develop the application but on porting it to the board, it is giving me "QWSTslibMouseHandlerPrivate: ts_open failed: No such file or directory" error. In the same set up applications developed with Qt-4.5.1 is working fine. So my doubt is..

1) Is there any compatibility issue with Qt-4.6.X and tslib-1.0?
    2) Do we need to download any Qt or tslib related binary to the target. (uClinux image was already given to me. So i dont know whether the ppl who hav compiled might have copied some libraries to it or not)

Note: I compiled by tslib with no option for shared or static so by default it should be shared I guess. Also my Qt was compiled statically.

Please help me in resolving this.

Regards,
    Siva

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Qt 4.6.x not working with Tslib

It is ts that fails, not Qt. Probably there is some file missing in your /dev.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt 4.6.x not working with Tslib

Hi Wysota,

In the same set-up Qt 4.5.1 works fine. This problem is shown only with 4.6 version and above. Is the Qt 4.6
    and higher version compatible with tslib-1.0. Or do we need to do any additional configuration to get that
    wroking with tslib-1.0. I heard of some patches to be applied to Qt-4.6 for getting it work with tslib-1.0. But
    in my case even that didnt work.

Regards,
    Siva

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Smile Re: Qt 4.6.x not working with Tslib

Hi All,

This issue has been bugging me for the last 2 weeks. I tried every possible thing to resolve this. But in the end, the solution came to be too simple. I already had the env variable "QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=tslib" exported which was working fine with Qt.4.5.1. But for Qt.4.6.2, I had to change it to "QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=Tslib:/dev/input/event0".

I donno the reason behind this, thought it would help someone like me.. :-)

Regards,
    Siva