Thread: QWebKit: Difference between a link-clicked vs meta-refresh at loadStarted() signal

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Default QWebKit: Difference between a link-clicked vs meta-refresh at loadStarted() signal

Hi all,

I am modifying software for my company, written around QWebKit, and have a very specific question about the use of the QWebPage::loadStarted() signal. I can see 2 ways I could get that signal sent to me: Link clicked or meta-refresh (using the tag <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5"> in the head area). The problem I am having is I need to know the difference, but am connecting to a signal that has no parameters. Can anyone tell me how I can find out whether the signal was received as a result of a clicked link versus a meta refresh? This is pretty important. I need to react differently (if ever so slightly) in each case.

Thanks...

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Thumbs up Re: QWebKit: Difference between a link-clicked vs meta-refresh at loadStarted() signa

Turns out that I just needed to subclass from QWebPage and override the virtual function acceptNavigationRequest() which passes in a QWebPage::NavigationType as one of the parameters.