Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error -"QT version is not properly installed, please run make install" on Windows XP

Thanks

Default Error -"QT version is not properly installed, please run make install" on Windows XP

I installed the latest version of QT Sdk for windows on my machine and I am getting the following error.

"QT version is not properly installed, please run make install"

Please Help.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 913 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Error -"QT version is not properly installed, please run make install" on Windows

Did you get any errors during installation and when do you get the mentioned error?

3. The following user says thank you to Lykurg for this useful post:

makbarin (18th October 2010)

Thanks

Default Re: Error -"QT version is not properly installed, please run make install" on Windows

No I did not. everything went as usual. next ok next finish.

but for build time I get the error that my enviroment is not set so I wen to tools/Option then Qt4 then manual then abin/qt/ and choose qmake.

still the same error pops up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 913 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60
    Wiki edits

Right now I am not at my windows box but the path should be like "c:\qt\2010.5\src\bin".

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

It would rather be c:\qt\2010.05\qt\bin
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks

I can not find any bin folder under src directory.

This is the screen shot of my setting. I notice I can not see minGW path after I select the qmake path.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Still the same I can not build anything.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

How does "can't build anything" manifest itself? Did you choose the right version of Qt for your project?
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks

well , I am working on a project with some other classmates, they all have diffrent version of Qt on their system. I did the following:

1- I downloaded the latest version of the Qt from the website. ( Qt SDK for Windows* (322 MB) )

1-1 followed the instruction.

2-Then under File/ OpenFile, Project Opened my project

2-1 and I got the Project Setup message ( look at the attachment) , I clicked Finish

3- Then I Tried to build and I get this error : ( Look at the attachment )

Could not find make command: make in the build environment
    Error while building project SampleGUI (target: Desktop)
    When executing build step 'Make'

4- then I added the path from here : c:\qt\2010.05\qt\bin

( look at the attachment)

but I can not build the project.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Creator can't find Qt in your path (which means you did something non-standard while installing the SDK). Please make sure you don't start Creator in some non-standard way. Make sure you have MinGW installed (it should get installed during the installation of the SDK) and that you don't have any other "make" (like the one from Cygwin) in your path.

Thanks

Ok!

I deleted the Cygwin and mingw that I installed separately to get the Qt working from C:\mingw and C:\Cygwin .

Than I uninstalled Qt and installed Qt again.

I followed the instruction by clicking next and ok, and I still get the same error.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Was Creator able to find Qt installation in your PATH?

Thanks

What are you referring to by "Was Creator able to find find Qt installation in your PATH" ?

I still get this message ( look at the attachment)

Quote Originally Posted by wysota View Post
    Was Creator able to find Qt installation in your PATH?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Look at the last attachment in post #9.

Thanks

Nothing changed since #9. I get all of those again.

Look at the last attachment in post #9.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Currently your project is set up to use the version of Qt that is found in PATH and since your PATH doesn't contain Qt, you can't build the project. Either run Creator with PATH pointing to your Qt installation (you may use the Qt Command prompt to do it - launch it and then launch Creator from there) or switch the project build to use the version of Qt you have set up manually.

Thanks

What do you mean by "since your PATH doesn't contain Qt, "?
    Can you give me some direction?

Thank you

Currently your project is set up to use the version of Qt that is found in PATH and since your PATH doesn't contain Qt, you can't build the project. Either run Creator with PATH pointing to your Qt installation (you may use the Qt Command prompt to do it - launch it and then launch Creator from there) or switch the project build to use the version of Qt you have set up manually.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by makbarin View Post
    What do you mean by "since your PATH doesn't contain Qt, "?
    Look at the last attachment in #9 again, especially the part that says "not found". If you don't know what PATH is or how to manipulate it on your system, google for it.

Can you give me some direction?
    I already did that.

Thanks

The path you mention its suppose to be found by qt automatically as it says.

Im trying to solve ths issue from google for past month thats why i am here now.

Iam doing everything normally and as usual . I tried on other computer and work just fine .

So you are saying i need to add the PATH to the not found place manually?

Look at the last attachment in #9 again, especially the part that says "not found". If you don't know what PATH is or how to manipulate it on your system, google for it.

I already did that.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by makbarin View Post
    The path you mention its suppose to be found by qt automatically as it says.
    No, Creator is looking in PATH for Qt, it doesn't look for path.

So you are saying i need to add the PATH to the not found place manually?
    You don't add PATH to anything. If at all, you may add something to PATH. Please just google for Windows+setting+PATH or something similar if you want to know what I'm talking about. But it will really be easier if you switch your project to the Qt version you have set manually - open the "Projects" pane for your project and set the version of Qt to the proper one. If you use some very old version of the Qt SDK, you might need to change this setting elsewhere.