Hi all,

I am developing an application for symbian using the latest Nokia Qt SDK. I have a dialog that iterates through photos and instructional texts for the user.
The issue is the pixmap's are not getting scaled down for any 3rd edition (non touch) devices and they then break the layout. I have used some of the same images in the main dialog and they scale down fine?
I am setting the scaled contents property to true in the designer and loading the images to the Qlabel like this;
Qt Code:
  1. QString str = strLst.at(counter); //load string with image
  2. ui->label->setPixmap(QPixmap(QString::fromUtf8(
  3. ":/knotImages/images/").append(str))); //display image
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
If I do it the following way it fits in the screen though it is not ideal and I will have to then make a routine to determine the phones screen size to adjust the image.
Qt Code:
  1. ui->label->setPixmap(QPixmap(QString::fromUtf8(
  2. ":/knotImages/images/").append(str)).scaled(300, 210, Qt::KeepAspectRatioByExpanding, Qt::SmoothTransformation)); //display image
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
I think there is something wrong with my layout but I am not really sure. Maybe this behavior is normal?
If anyone is interested here is my ui file;Attachment 5512
the tab with the 3 buttons at the bottom is the viewer. The label one up from the buttons holds the descriptive text and the label above that is where the gif images are loaded from the resource file.
I have been playing around with this for awhile now with no joy...
Any advice or comments are appreciated!
Cheers,
Jon