Hi Everybody

I'm new to Qt and have just finished my first little project. Now I would like to have it run on computers other than the one I built it on.
I know that there are many threads concerning that issue but I seem to be unable to deploy my application even after searching the Internet for several hours already.

As I said I'm using QtCreator on a Ubunu System (as a virtual machine).
What I've tried so far:

First I just wanted to set the build configuration in QtCreator to build instead of release. As far as I can tell there is no difference in the executable that it creates.
So I started reading the QtCreator-help. At first I thought static linking would be my choice because i want the installation to be as easy as possible and multi-platform (what I had in mind was to have a executable with no additional files that needs no installation, which you see often with small apps). But because i would have to reinstall QtCreator and the legal/payment issues I decided to try dynamic linking.

The manual sais to run
Qt Code:
  1. make clean
  2. qmake -config release
  3. make
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
in the directory of my sourcefiles.
I then get an error that -config is not a command for qmake, which the online help confirms. Thats already really confusing to me. What am I doing wrong, I can't really believe they instruct you to do a non-existent command.

I thought maybe what that would do is the same thing as what my setting the build-configuration to release would do, and maybe i could skip this step...
so i did ldd ./myapp to see what libs it depends on. It gave me about 30 dependencies. How do I know which of those i have to copy into my sourcecode-folder, and do i have to get all of them manually?

I'm sure I've just repeatedly outed myself as a noob, but thats what I am.
I would really appreciate your help with this as I'm getting kind of frustrated...

Thanks
maverick