Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: Nokia x Burton: Push Snowboarding R&D videos

Hi there!
    @high_flyer, the app (on the phone) is 100% Qt, the programs on the Arduinos aren't. But the arduino code is generally really really tiny! (You can get it from the website).

And I agree, it would be cool to have Qt on Arduinos but I believe whoever is doing something in a microcontroller that needs Qt (Some GUI stuff!?!?) would probably go for something with a proper OS and then Qt Embedded should do the trick..

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

And I agree, it would be cool to have Qt on Arduinos but I believe whoever is doing something in a microcontroller that needs Qt (Some GUI stuff!?!?) would probably go for something with a proper OS and then Qt Embedded should do the trick..
    True, which is what we are doing, but I was just interested to know if they used Qt on the Arduino, that would be really interersting to know how they managed it...
    By the way, if you buy an KVR Kit, it comes with a screen, and GUI demo on it... Micro controllers are getting very powerful!
    Last edited by high_flyer; 27th January 2011 at 13:12.
    ==========================signature=============== ==================
    S.O.L.I.D principles (use them!):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOLID_...iented_design)

Do you write clean code? - if you are TDD'ing then maybe, if not, your not writing clean code.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Symbian S60

Hi all,
    Here is R&D Episode 4: Downward force. This video shows how capturing downward force (foot pressure) data to help determine not only how much pressure is on a boarder’s toes and heels. This, coupled with some of the other datastreams we’re capturing, will tell us how much airtime a snowboarder has pulled!

If you've got any questions about any of the sensors or the data, we'd love to hear from you!

Thanks,

Matt @ Nokia Push

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Symbian S60

The final video has been released! R&D Episode 5: Workrate shows how the Push Snowboard team are capturing heart rate to find out how hard a snowboarder is working on the slopes.

Let us know what you think about the R&D work you've seen so far. And get in touch with any ideas or questions you've had about how you might use the data that we captured at the alpha tests a few weeks ago. We're releasing the datasets to everyone next week. We've already had a few ideas come our way, but we'd love to hear from you because Push Snowboarding is open to everyone to get involved!

Thanks,

Matt @ Nokia Push

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Smile Re: Nokia x Burton: Push Snowboarding R&D videos

This initiative is pretty cool, especially the fact that you share your code. But in order to be *completely* open, I think it would be nice to share the wiring you used for the arduino+sensor modules, and the corresponding arduino scripts. Do you think that would be possible ?

Thanks,
    Yann

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Symbian S60

Quote Originally Posted by yannlossouarn View Post
    This initiative is pretty cool, especially the fact that you share your code. But in order to be *completely* open, I think it would be nice to share the wiring you used for the arduino+sensor modules, and the corresponding arduino scripts. Do you think that would be possible ?

Thanks,
    Yann
    Hi Yann,

Thanks for the kind words, great to hear you’re loving the project!

We’ve shared all of the Arduino scripts, which can be found here: http://bit.ly/f4bZ1l
    I’ll drop the development team an email about the wiring and post back once I get a response for you.

Thanks,

Matt @ Push Snowboarding

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Symbian S60

Hi all.

Just thought some of you might be interested in watching an interview with the developer behind the Push Snowboarding project.

http://www.pushsnowboarding.com/news...wboarding-dev/

Love to hear your thoughts, and as always if you've got any questions about any aspect of the project - just leave us a comment below

Matt @ Push Snowboarding