Hi,

After a long time searching through forums and websites... and after various attempts, I Finally compiled a Qt installation for WinCE. Some things that aren't mentioned anywhere that would solve some similar problems posted by other people that I too had to solve...
Mainly, and this is a little help to other people having trouble at "configure -platform...", You have to install Qt libraries for windows VS2008! It didn't work anytime when I was trying with the mingw version.

I installed Windows CE tools - Windows mobile 5.0 sdk.

I installed Perl.

Added to environment variables LIB, INCLUDE and PATH all that I could think of... so they ended up like this:
PATH = C:\Perl64\site\bin;C:\Perl64\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoo t%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowe rShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Qt\4.7.1-VS\bin;C:\Qt\shadowbuild-mobile\bin;C:\Qt\4.7.1-VS;C:\Qt\2010.05\mingw;C:\Qt\2010.05\mingw\bin;C:\ Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\bin\x86_arm
LIB = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\lib\armv4i;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK\Lib\ARMV4I
INCLUDE = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\include;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK\Include\Armv4i

after all that and running the configure form the Qt VS2008 version folder I was able to compile without any errors... now here is my new headache:

Qt is now configured for building. To start the build run:setcepaths.bat wincewm
65professional-msvc2008 && nmake.
To reconfigure, run 'nmake confclean' and configure.

c:\Qt\shadow-build-mobile>setcepaths.bat wincewm65professional-msvc2008
'checksdk.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'tmp_created_script_setup.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external comm
and,
Could Not Find c:\Qt\shadow-build-mobile\tmp_created_script_setup.bat
Windows Mobile 6 Professional selected, environment is set up

////////at this point I don't know if the setcepaths worked... even though I tried diferently as you cann see below

c:\Qt\shadow-build-mobile>cd bin

c:\Qt\shadow-build-mobile\bin>setcepaths.bat wincewm65professional-msvc2008
Could not find specified SDK: Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK (ARMV4I)
'tmp_created_script_setup.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external comm
and,
Could Not Find c:\Qt\shadow-build-mobile\bin\tmp_created_script_setup.bat
Windows Mobile 6 Professional selected, environment is set up
c:\Qt\shadow-build-mobile\bin>nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022.08
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

NMAKE : fatal error U1064: MAKEFILE not found and no target specified
Stop.

c:\Qt\shadow-build-mobile\bin>cd ..

//////Now I gave up and hoped for for the best...

c:\Qt\shadow-build-mobile>nmake

cd src\winmain\ && "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\V
C\BIN\nmake.exe" -f Makefile

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" -f
Makefile.Release

lib /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE,5.02 /MACHINE:THUMB /LTCG /OUT:..\..\lib\qtmain
.lib @C:\Users\HORMON~1.USI\AppData\Local\Temp\nm216B.t mp
Microsoft (R) Library Manager Version 9.00.21022.08

tmp\obj\release_static\qtmain_win.obj
tmp\obj\release_static\qtmain_win.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type
'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'THUMB'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\
VC\BIN\lib.EXE"' : return code '0x458'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\
VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

c:\Qt\shadow-build-mobile>

Can someone please enlighten me on this nmake error?

I still haven't figured out why we have to build a Qt installation for winCE and why we cannot download it from anywhere...

Another question... I've noticed that it creates a visual studio project called "projects", but it gives me an error when I open it (probably because I still have to make the nmake work). Now I have plugins that I'll need to compile for my WinCE application too. So, after I get the nmake to compile the damn Qt installation... Where will I put my project sources?