Thread: Convert data in QVector<QString> to Decimal

Thanks

Default Convert data in QVector<QString> to Decimal

Hello every one.. I have a small problem.. i have some data in a QVector<QString> temperaturedata; which i need to convert into Hexadecimal. But QVector does't have a property like QString toInt(0,16) or toInt(0,10), i am doing this right now,
    Qt Code:
    1. str = QString::number(listdata.toInt(0,16));
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    to convert the Hexadecimal data i have in listdata into Decimal. and then i am appending it into a QVector<QString> to dump into the data base, I wanted to use
    QVector<QString> only directly so that i can convert it into Decimal in the QVector itself..?

thank you

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Convert data in QVector<QString> to Decimal

I have read your text 4 times and still don't have a clue a) what you want to achieve and b) where your problem is!

Could you please clearly state what you want to do and where exactly you fail doing it? Maybe it would help to see a bit more of your code to grasp what is going where.

Joh

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Question Re: Convert data in QVector<QString> to Decimal

One seriously confused post

You have a list of strings. The name have given the list implies that each string is the representation of a temperature (decimal string, hex string, integer or real values, what?). You tell us you want to convert this list, or some part of it, to hexadecimal (another string format) according to the post body, or decimal according to the post title.

You then tell us about some undefined variable listdata that we can infer is a hexadecimal string from your attempt to convert it to an integer. Then you convert it back to a decimal string.

None of this seem to have much to do with the actual question. Ultimately it seems the only things you are missing are using a loop to iterate over the vector (see the QVector docs), and assigning to an element in the vector. Have a look at QVector::operator[].