hi

i m new to QT programming and i m to design an application getting data from the network (tcp) and displaying it on a frontend (GUI). i want to build up the application in QT. Further, i will be having more than one GUI-windows.My studies about my requirements and QT show that i need a multi-threaded QT application.Please help me regarding:
1) Can i have multiple GUI windows in a multi-threaded QT application? I want my main GUI to call child-windows/widgets as and when required. Is it possible?
2) How to start i.e. whether i should start with a GUI based QT application or simply with a Console application?
3) Can i make use of QT Designer for writing such an application GUI?
4) I want my GUI thread to be active always (and worker threads to work independently). How to achieve this?
5) Further, for posting data from threads to GUI, where should the postEvent and allied code should be written and how it will be received in the GUI thread?

I have gone through all posts regarding this topic on the old forum, got some info also. But still i feel lost on the subject.

Sorry for such a long query BUT i have tried to list out all related queries in a single post only.Hope the same information can help many other developers also.

A sample code/ Pseudocode/ Outline will be of great help.I hope to get an answer in order to join hands with QT development community.

Thanking in advance....