Thread: Compiling Qtopia-Example failed

Qt products

Default Compiling Qtopia-Example failed

Hi,

I got a Sharp Zaurus Handheld from my supervisor to develop some things using qtopia (it uses qtopia 1.5) for it.
    So I tried to install qtopia on my Mac, but i got some strange compile-errors of all sort. I got many of them fixed, but not all. And I tried compiling qtopia like the Readme-Files say on an Ubuntu (gcc 4.x) but with no luck. Using the RPM's for RedHat9 I got the qvfb and qpe working, as they are installed binaries.

But when I try to compile the examples (using redhat9 or ubuntu, both create the same error, both use gcc 4.x), creating a Makefile mit tmake and do a 'make', i get an error, that libqpe has an undefined reference to "QMetaObject::new_metaobject(...)".
    I needed to download and compile qt-x11-2.3.2 so that 'make'ing the example could find libqt.

How can i fix this? Or where can I get a source-version of qtopia which compiles without hacking the code-files?

Thanks in advance for any hint,

daniel

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: Compiling Qtopia-Example failed

Quote Originally Posted by danielkr View Post
    Hi,

I got a Sharp Zaurus Handheld from my supervisor to develop some things using qtopia (it uses qtopia 1.5) for it.
    So I tried to install qtopia on my Mac, but i got some strange compile-errors of all sort. I got many of them fixed, but not all. And I tried compiling qtopia like the Readme-Files say on an Ubuntu (gcc 4.x) but with no luck. Using the RPM's for RedHat9 I got the qvfb and qpe working, as they are installed binaries.

But when I try to compile the examples (using redhat9 or ubuntu, both create the same error, both use gcc 4.x), creating a Makefile mit tmake and do a 'make', i get an error, that libqpe has an undefined reference to "QMetaObject::new_metaobject(...)".
    I needed to download and compile qt-x11-2.3.2 so that 'make'ing the example could find libqt.

How can i fix this? Or where can I get a source-version of qtopia which compiles without hacking the code-files?

Thanks in advance for any hint,

daniel
    Qtopia 1 and 2 don't compile with gcc 4.
    Freelance Senior Software Engineer

Qt products

Default Re: Compiling Qtopia-Example failed

Thank you, I got QTopia compiled. But when I try to run the example from qt-1.7.0 I get this error:
    QCopChannel: Must construct a QApplication before a QCopChannel

Even if main() does not contain anythin from but:
    Qt Code:
    1. QPEApplication app(argc, argv);
    2. return app.exec();
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    I get this error.

Did I anything wrong? I haven't tried this on the Zaurus, but it should work in the qvfb and qpe, right?

Thank you,

Daniel